CHAPTER XXVI. continuation

♢ || chapter 26. continuation

"We're under attack by Separatist warships, but I'll try to make contact with the Jedi Temple for you. Stand by," a clone trooper said as Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and I were waiting through the transmission caller. 

It took a brief pause for everyone to await what Master Yoda had to say. Our patience was rather taken sooner with our side taking the fall of support with all the commotion we've dealt with when arriving Christophis.

"Master Kenobi, glad Ahsoka found you, I am," Master Yoda introduced once he appeared.

"Master Yoda, we are trapped here, and vastly outnumbered," Obi stated. "We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships have all been destroyed."

"Send reinforcements to you, we will," Master Yoda's signal started to fade before ending the call. 

"Master Yoda? Master Yoda!" Obi-Wan's concern got to him when Master Yoda left the scene, having the rest of us question on where to go with this.

"We've lost the transmission sir. We have to leave orbit immediately. More enemy ships have just arrived," one of the clones said, returning back to the transmission call. "We'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"Well, I guess we'll have to hold out a little longer," Anakin commented as he looked at Obi-Wan.

My mind took matters for the moment with the other three talking among themselves, getting introductions further stated. Anakin must have been surprised with how loud he didn't hear himself speak when Ahsoka had mentioned a switch in details.

"What?!" Anakin practically shouted. "Nonono, there must be some mistake. He's the one who wanted the Padawan."

"No, Master Yoda was very specific," Ahsoka spoke. "I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker, and he is to supervise my Jedi training."

I grinned at the change with Obi-Wan catching it and looking over at Anakin while he tried to take all this in.

"But that doesn't make any sense!" Anakin threw his hands in the air in frustration.

"We'll have to sort this out later," Obi-Wan interrupted the two. "It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons."

"I'll check Rex on the lookout post."

"You'd better take her with you."

Anakin and Ahsoka both left the area with them continuing to bicker at one another. If Ahsoka was supposed to be Anakin's Padawan, this would definitely be interesting to see it play out.

"So, any new ideas or paths you've come across since the little dispute?" Obi asked, walking over to me.

"Not really," I said. "There is the thought of finding a particular landmark these droids put out for stability."

"Like a power source?" Obi-Wan rubbed his beard.

"For themselves to not get dynamited."

Obi-Wan continued smiling at me while I looked at another method to it. One idea is good, but a second and more could reckon the way things lay for everyone.

"Or... there could be something else," I recalled in my conscious.

"What could trick what you recall?" Obi-Wan thought back.

"You never know..."

"You always guess right. Why second guess yourself?"

"There's always another way, isn't there?"

"To state your beauty, of course."

He always had a time to be playful. Even with situations like this, he'd make ways of enjoying teasing me nonstop, and at first, it was much for me to experience. Now, it's almost like he's trying to get me to blush out on full blast.

"We'll look around the region and see if there's anything 'different' to eye out on. Until then, we'll have to keep looking around other ways to prevent the army capturing us."

"Or capture you," I suggested.

"Who's said I'm going to be captured?" Obi retorted.

"Aren't you already captured? By love?"

His cheeks shined a tint of pink with me laughing softly at his response. Two can play at this game, love.

We continued on back with him telling me he has great remarks that would compliment me. Even though he enjoys doing it to me, whenever I do it, he has a tendency of peaking just above me to get me to blush/react to his clever words. He does not give up so easily.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area," Obi-Wan pinpointed on the map with everyone presented. "They're slowly increasing the diameter, and keeping it just ahead of their troops."

"Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that," Captain Rex addressed.

"As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit."

"If that shield's gonna be such problem, why don't we just take it out?" Ahsoka suggested.

"Easier said than done."

"Well, I, for one, agree with her," Anakin slowly siding with Ahsoka with the others looking at him. "Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key."

"Then why not you two tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together?" I advised with a smile.

"Can do, Master Kell," Ahsoka responded.

"I'll decide what to do," Anakin reacted to Ahsoka's agreement.

"If Rex, Jewel, and I can engage them here, you two might have a chance to get through their lines undetected, here," Obi-Wan pointed on the map.

"They won't have much time," Rex mentioned. "The droids far outnumber us, so our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They'll march forward under the protection of their shield until they are right on top of our cannons, then they'll blow them away."

"You do know you have Master Kell, right? She can be the second source of aiding your solutions since she is quite the skilled person," Ahsoka mentioned. "It shouldn't be too much stress, right Master Kell?"

"Not really, but I will do whatever is certain for the future being," I told her. "You and Anakin should figure this out while the three of us stay here and see what else we can do."

Anakin and Ahsoka left, bickering among themselves once again. 

Definitely a good pair between those two.

"They make quite a pair, don't they, sir? You think they have a chance?" Captain Rex spoke to Obi-Wan.

"They better. If they can't turn off that shield generator before it reaches the heavy cannons, there'll be no escape for any of us," Obi-Wan replied.