CHAPTER LXIX. confidential

★・・・ chapter 69. confidential ・・・★

☀︎ Quite the man, isn't he? ☀︎

He is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Here's another chapter.

Obi-Wan and the rest of the Jedi present were finishing the Jedi Briefing we had discussed over. Anakin was supposed to be here but didn't show. I could tell Obi-Wan was a little bothered by this since Ani was ascending in his rank quicker than ever.

Meaning he has a lot more responsibility than before.

I sensed Anakin hurried inside with the others leaving as Obi-Wan and I were about to go.

"You've missed the report on the outer rim sieges," Obi-Wan said.

"I'm sorry... I was held up," Anakin replied. "I have no excuse."

"You didn't miss much, Ani," I told him. "Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity."

"What's wrong then?"

Obi-Wan folded his arms and told him the Senate is expecting to favor their vote on making the Chancellor more powerful than ever.

"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action," Anakin stated. "Is that bad? It'll make it easier for us to end this war."

I looked at Obi-Wan as he kept silent with me informing Ani to watch for Palpatine. He could be someone to assume dangerous.

"Be careful of what?" Anakin asked us.

"He's requested your presence," Obi-Wan said as we walked up the stairs.

"What for?"

"He would not say."

"He didn't inform the Council? That's unusual, isn't it?"

"Everything happening is unusual," I joined in. "And it's making us more concerned than ever."

Obi-Wan took my hand as we left the Briefing room while Anakin collected his thoughts. This was all but a serious matter when it came to the Chancellor only requesting for Anakin.

I kept silent as I started to overthink again, but I reminded myself to not worry of any of this. Time will present itself and it shall give the reality we must face.

"Everything all right, Jewel?" Obi asked me in thought.

"Only thinking, but not overthinking," I replied back in thought.

"Good. It shouldn't bring you to any distraction when we have to face what is given to us."

"Hearing that makes me feel like a Padawan again."

Obi-Wan laughed. 

"I shouldn't bring that kind of idea back since Master Windu was a different man to have as a Master?"