CHAPTER XVI. questions

♥︎ || chapter 16. questions

The bounty hunter was now secured. Obi-Wan, Anakin and I were able to pull her out of the mess she suffered with her arm severed from the unfortunate incident. Anakin seemed to not hesistate too in the moment. At least his negotiation skills had to be worked on still.

"Do you know who were you trying to kill?" Obi-Wan had asked the woman.

"The Senator from Naboo," she hissed. "Who else?"

"Who hired you exactly?"

Her resistance kept her in play as she turned away and looked elsewhere. Seemed like Anakin wasn't having it.

"Tell us now!" Anakin demanded.

"That Senator will die soon! Maybe even her as well!" she replied before turning her focus to me.

Confusion waved over me. Who wanted me gone? And why?

"Why exactly her? What has she done?" Obi-Wan investigated further into the mentioning.

"Not the time, master!" Anakin told Obi-Wan. "Who hired you? We're not going to ask again!"

She opened to say something, but it was cut short when a dart hit her from out of nowhere. Her eyes widened from the hit before she slumped downward and met her fate.

All three of us looked around to see where this dart came from. Someone must have been watching us do this investigation.

"Toxic dart," Obi-Wan noted as I inspected it. "Jewel..."

My eyes look toward him, seeing his interest spark in him. 

"Is there a way you can see any past vision with that dart in particular?" he requested.

I looked back at the used piece to see no spots for me to look into. All that showed were the weird engravings placed upon the dart with Obi-Wan noticing it too.

Mysterious.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Right now, I was back in my dorm to ponder on what could make me have a bounty placed on someone like me. Uncanny thoughts picked up when I inquired of this subject. I haven't done anything but only aid on helping what the Council acquainted me to do.

I noticed my braid started to uneven itself when after all the mess from earlier. Maybe it was time to change some minor expressions. 

My hands traced to the braided hair, concentrating on how to unfold the laps I have done to make things simple to untangle the mix. I ran water afterwards and fixed the sort to make it look fresher.

Once finished, I looked back and smiled at the different look I had. This would definitely stick better than before. Plus, it might make Obi-Wan's wishes come true with how he'd like to see it down. 

After the time, I sorted my room out to look as nice as it always gave itself. The nice charms and other possessions I got were from past travels I visited. They made the place present a better aspect of itself instead of the empty blank I had for the first part of the time staying in Coruscant.

My comlink snapped me out of my thinking to see Obi-Wan probably calling for my aid on his research upon the dart we discovered. Anakin wasn't aiding in our part with him providing enough support to escort Padme back on Naboo for her protection still. I figured he wouldn't stop trying to make her love her, but I could tell she was conflicted on her thoughts and questions too.

After double-checking, I exited my room to wander in the halls with other people presented there with them noticing my appearance. Some waved over to me while I did the same in respect and continued my way over to Obi-Wan in the analysis room.

His focus seemed to be eating at him to figure out this matter. The droid aiding him too wasn't giving him any better judgment. I figured Obi-Wan would carry his negotiations to another level, even with a droid.

"How's everything coming along?" I presented my voice along with rubbing his shoulder for support. 

His attention quickly turned to me before he realized my different look. He savored it for some time before I snapped him out of the hypnotization I apparently placed him under.

"This is just for getting your wish to come true as promised," I mentioned.

"What wish was that?" he questioned with his eyes still locked onto me.

"The one where you wanted to have my hair down more instead of the braid. When we were Padawans?"

Obi-Wan remembered and nodded, still smiling at my new features. He was really in love with me.

I rubbed his beard in return and grinned from him being this silly. Luckily, my hand was off of him when the droid returned.

"As you can see on the screen, there is no existence of this weapon appearing to any known culture. Markings cannot be identified," the droid stated before Obi-Wan realized the reality he was in and looked back.

"Could you try again please?" Obi-Wan requested.

"Master Jedi, our records are very thorough. If I can't tell you where they came from, no one can."

To think that there wasn't clear answer for this dart appearing and having no background on it sure brought the suspicion on board. Of course, we'd need to figure out how this is possible.

"Maybe there's someone else that could know of this?" I suggested.

Obi-Wan rubbed his beard and thought. He concluded there might be another solution.

Something other than a droid.