CHAPTER VIII. real truth

♡ || chapter 8. real truth

At this point, Anakin emerged victorious in the pod race. It was scary how badly things went, with Sebulba almost killing Anakin by surrounding him. Watto appeared displeased with the wager he made with Qui-Gon, as it carried significant risks.

"It's wonderful, Ani. You brought hope to those who thought they didn't have any," Shmi told Anakin as she embraced him. "I'm so very proud of you."

"We owe you everything," Padme told Anakin as she looked happy too.

"Feeling this good is worth it," Anakin said with his confidence soaring sky-high right about now. 

The eopies with all the containers of parts for the ship came to us and it was all cleared.

"Let's get going back to the ship," Qui-Gon delivered as he got on one with Padme climbing behind him.

I got on the other with Jar Jar clumsily making himself join too and eventually nodded when he was situated. R2 joined with as we fled back to the ship.

I suppose Obi-Wan would be pleased to see all of us.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

We all approached back with Obi-Wan coming out of the ship and seeing the containers. Qui-Gon went to go tell him something as the rest of us got off and stretched and dusted off the flown sand onto us.

"Seems like you fancy Anakin," I whispered to Padme.

"Hmm?" It appeared as though she was not paying close attention to my words.

"I know he likes you..."

"Oh he's sweet, but he's just a boy. There's a lot to focus on, you know," Padme replies as she turns her head away still smiling, hiding her blushing.

"Hmm..." I smile back and look toward the ship.

I approached Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as they engaged in deep conversation. They must have been discussing about the hyperdrive generator to be installed since we got the part now.

"...some unfinished business. I won't be long," Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan, me hearing the end of what he was saying.

"Why do I sense we picked up another pathetic life form?" Obi-Wan uttered.

I stopped in my path and departed as Obi-Wan realized what he said. Maybe he was talking about someone else but I found it sort of funny whenever he was frantic over his words.

"Jewel! I didn't mean you again! Jewel!" he called out to me. I could hear his worry heavily putting out in his tone too.

"I know, Obi-Wan!" I informed him, grinning and looking back at him. 

Qui-Gon told everyone we would head back to get Anakin since the deal was that he would come with. I was disappointed that neither his mother nor his friends would be in attendance. I could tell that Anakin wasn't exactly thrilled about the situation, but it's clear that he has a hard time moving on from those he holds dear. I mean, we all would.

Some time passed and we were about to head back when I saw Obi-Wan outside. He waved at me as I did too before Jar Jar had the eopie steer to Mos Espa. 

Obi-Wan stayed in the same position while he got tinier and tinier with the sand eventually covering the trail behind us.

 Maybe this would be easy after all?

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Drop, Anakin!" Qui-Gon shouted.