CHAPTER VI. new faces

♡ || chapter 6. new faces

The ship landed on the planet Tatooine, a deserted planet completely surrounded by sand. It seemed different than any other planet I saw in the archives in the library. Intriguing enough for one to see.

My eyes caught Obi-Wan talking to Jar Jar about going into the city for safety reasons. I already realized he wanted him out of trouble. After the little incident back on Naboo Jar Jar did, I figured it was just for his safety.

"Obi-Wan, please! Mesa no go!" Jar Jar shouts as Obi-Wan frowns.

"Jar Jar, you'll make things less obvious if you go," Obi responds to him. "It's safer if you follow Qui-Gon."

Jar Jar sighed deeply and returned to the ship with a feeling of deep stress on himself. 

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan spoke to each other while Padme and her group were talking, leaving me in between. I took it upon myself whether it was safe to go with or stay with the ship. Judging by Master Qui-Gon's motives, it seemed all right to follow along to be safe.

"Jewels," I heard Qui-Gon's voice call for me. It quite surprised me since no one added the 's' at the end of my name. I knew that whenever someone said it like that, they must be close to me.

My eyes darted to his as he motioned for me by the hallway with Obi-Wan there, still adorable as always. 

Stop it, Jewel, stop it. Don't let him distract you!

"Obi-Wan will stay here at the ship and guard it while I decided it would be safe to have you come with. Is that all right?" Qui-Gon declared.

I knew Obi-Wan wouldn't fancy not having me around, but I had to protect my emotions so nothing would go out of the ordinary. Plus, it'll give some time away to not have either of us distracted.

"That's okay," I responded. "I don't mind. As long as we find the generator for the ship, we'll be stable."

The others, R2-D2 and Jar Jar, followed Qui-Gon out from the ship as Obi-Wan caught me off guard with him still worried for me. He still had his concerns for me and always made sure I was set to go with everything I needed.

"I'll be back. I promise," I proudly smiled and looked at him.

"Please do," he replied softly placing his hand on my shoulder and rubbing it.

I didn't think in the moment of what I did, but I did it. I kind of don't regret it nonetheless.

I gently pressed my lips against his cheek, bidding him farewell as I gracefully departed from the ship, with no desire to cast a glance behind me. I blushed deeply. 

What did I just do!? I just wrecked everything.

Qui-Gon and the rest of us were walking when we heard shouts coming from behind. Captain Panaka and Padme approached us. Hopefully, they weren't going to point out what I just did... Oh goodness, I should have thought wisely about that.

"Her Highness commands you to take the handmaiden with you," Panaka states as he catches his breath. "She wishes for her to observe the local..."

"This spaceport is not pleasant..." Qui-Gon addressed back. "No more commands from Her Highness today, Captain."

"The Queen wishes it. She wants to know about this planet."

Qui-Gon seemed a bit bothered by this request, but he sighed and agreed for Padme to come along with the rest of us. It was nice to have some company with me, especially since I wasn't the only girl this time. It could at least get me to know more about Padme along our search.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

It took a while for us to find a dealer to get a good trade from, but one little junk shop I was in felt quite unsuitable to be in. It felt like there existed something ominous, like a lot of pieces I saw all over the shop were showing spots for me to observe with the Echo Sense.

Suddenly, a blue alien with the tiniest wings flew on by us as he started talking to Qui-Gon. Must've been good since I kept glancing throughout the area to look at all the equipment lying around.

"Boy! Get in here!" Watto, from what I heard of the alien's name, yelled behind him.

A small boy, probably about nine years old, appeared with dirt all over his clothes as Watto talked to him fiercely. At one point too, Watto raised his hand and the little one flinched, indicating there was some sort of slavery work among here.

I felt bad that this boy had a lot to go through. I could sense his uneasiness as well as mine.

Watto and Qui-Gon started to discuss more on finding the parts as R2-D2 tagged along, leaving Jar Jar, Padme and I with the young boy.

"Are you an angel?" I heard the boy question Padme. 

My grin started to grow with Padme thrown off by someone like this boy asking her a bold mystery. Especially for his age, he definitely had some confidence shaped in his mind.

"What?" Padme returned, looking back at him with a small smile.

"An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They are the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They are good and kind, and so pretty, they make even the most hardened spice pirate cry."

Padme giggled as she continued on the conversation while my senses lurked over to some parts Jar Jar was nearby.

My hands grabbed the piece and heard the echoes coming from it.

𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚔𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑.

"...𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚗, 𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚋𝚊! 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙!" 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍.

"𝙰𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝. 𝙸 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝! 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚜!" 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎, 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚋𝚊, 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚋𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎.

I regained my focus before Qui-Gon came back and said we were all leaving now.

Padme said her byes to the boy. He seemed like he wanted to keep talking to her.

My thoughts still continued on with this Sebulba. Who was he and what dangers could he bring if we encounter him?