CHAPTER LIX. a secret

♢ || chapter 59. a secret

Ever since the news of me being pregnant, it was a little concerning to think. The only worry was people knowing this and thinking that it could bring chaos to the Jedi Temple and the way traditions were brought in the many centuries that carried the name until today.

Obi-Wan was more protective than ever since the announcement. He's been worried to tell Master Windu and Master Yoda about the news. It obviously must have been recognized because Master Yoda had powerful tactics to identify what happened.

"News you have, Lady Kenobi?" Master Yoda asked me.

Obi-Wan and I were together now with Windu and Yoda at the Council room. This had to be addressed with how serious things are escalating with not only the sudden news of the Dark side revealing their colors but Obi and I expecting a child coming soon.

"Yes, Master Yoda," I responded. "Well, it might have been clear from the start that I am..."

Master Windu was also here and very focused on what news was going to be revealed. 

The fatherly figure, I suppose.

"I am pregnant," I concluded.

Master Windu eyes widened as Master Yoda kept calm and stroked his chin, looking away. They did give me the shakes since they were the higher chain of Masters even Obi and I had to look to.

"The child, you are with... Deep with the Force, I sense," Master Yoda started. "Learn more of whom you are, you will gain."

I hope my child doesn't give me any altercations when I am going on a mission. It did question whether it was safe to still continue my missions like usual. Obi-Wan and I were still Force bonded, but we still had to go forward and be together 24/7 like always.

It didn't bother me to not be away from Obi-Wan, but I knew a lot of people do need to be alone and train. Sure, when I meditate and concentrate on the Force, I always keep a thought of Obi near to me so I can keep the connection strong. It may seem I'm not close as I think I am to him, but he is always nearly hugging me when I open my eyes.

I felt Obi's arm hold me as I sighed and heard Master Windu groan in fear.

"This is some information to hold onto," Windu said. "We might need to keep this a secret for now. Even though you are with the child, you will have to conceal it better."

"How so?" I asked.

"Keep a robe on, nearly as a cover you would wear on another planet. That way, no one will question your appearance."

"Isn't that what they will do?" Obi butted in. "If they interrogate her, that's questioning the Jedi Council itself. You two will know of it and when they ask me since I'm the other closest person to her, the Senate may do far worse than what we may say."

It did make me question if they would banish Obi and I from what the Clone Wars was at. We stayed this whole period of protecting what the Sith would not do. They seemed to get the upper hand at some points, but the Republic always bounced back to regain the good like how it was.

"Then we will play with this easily," Master Windu addressed. "Jewel, play along and change your attire until time has passed. Others may question why, but find a reason to comply for others to not force you to reveal your child."

I nodded and thanked them both as we left the room.

"So... we have to keep this under our control then?" Obi asked me.

"Yes, love," I informed him. "At least it's another reason to change clothing style again. Padme would love to do this again."

"Especially like last time."

I smiled and kissed Obi as we stood in the empty hallway.

At least we had to keep it silent and conceal the pregnancy from others.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Terror.

There were bodies all over the ground. 

The Jedi Temple wasn't as how it was.

Obi-Wan was crying as I noticed that Anakin changed.

That wasn't the little boy we saw all those years ago.

Someone else took over the one and most loyal friend to know of.

All over power.

"Jewel?" Obi gently shook me as I opened my eyes in fear.

It was night now, and I could see that the lights were faintly on. 

I must have been having a nightmare. Or a reality.

"What's wrong?" Obi asked again with my eyes catching his concern.

I sat up and cleared my head with the sudden worry overfilling my visions. It felt real, but I never knew what could be true or not.

"A nightmare," I slowly answered. "Something's off about it though."

"Like?"

"Anakin was different... Or, had been different. I don't know why, but things are going to be more complicated than we could ever see."

Obi kept silent as I continued on with Anakin being the one to change over to the Dark side along with the visions I have been seeing with the child.

"You've seen what they've looked like?" Obi asked with a smile on his face.

I nodded and held his beard, feeling his warm, soft coat tickling my fingers. He caressed me back as I took a deep breath and looked at my stomach.

"I keep seeing a girl," I informed him. "She truly has your eyes, for a fact."

"We both have blue eyes," he retorted.

"Not like yours."

He shook his head and kept firing comments on my beauty than his.

"Well, at least we know our child has our beauty in her," I conveyed. "Especially since someone naughty wants to take time away from this war on our hands."

"No better reason to forget about it for one night, is it?" Obi winked as I blushed.

"No... At least I have you."

He rested himself back down as I cuddled on him. He really was affectionate, especially for a man with such sass.

"I love you," he told me.

"And I always will love you," I answered.

"I'll love you much more than you think."

"Would you like to see how that might go?"

"Not when we have to be careful for the young one soon to come."

I smiled and kissed him. His beard tickled me as I moved his hair back and felt his warm hands go on my back to keep his grip upon me.

"This is just a start of our lives, you know?" he described. "Now a family will be a part on our hands."

"As we promised," I returned.