CHAPTER XXXI. recovering

♢ || chapter 31. recovering

Beeping. The first thing I heard was a beeping sound.

I awoke in a bright, white room with the monitor attached to me as well as my heart too. This must have been some time now since I only recall passing out in the tunnel.

"Ah, Lady Juliana, you are finally awake," a droid nearby spoke with enthusiasm.

I gathered my strength and pushed myself up, seeing my presence was in one of the hospital rooms within the Temple back on Coruscant. Seemed like the mission went to a success.

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"Do not worry. I will send information to the Council of your current state," he responded before pulling a comlink out and announced on my behalf. 

It felt discomforting as I wasn't in any of my clothes from before. It hit me that they weren't in the room either. 

"Um, do excuse me, but you don't mind if I get my robes back?" I asked once more.

"They were being cleaned, Lady Juliana. Do know that Master Kenobi was around this area almost consistently, making sure you weren't in any distress."

My mind shifted to where Obi-Wan was. It took some time with my headache still ringing in me to block out my focus on him. It finally clicked when he was nearby, bringing my robes and such folded up.

The door opened with the droid still communicating with the Council as Obi-Wan looked over to me and smiled to see me awake. His eagerness bested him before seeing the droid still here.

"I will continue doing more research upon this, do excuse me," the droid ended the talk with both the Council and I as they walked out.

Finally. Alone at least.

He put the clothes next to me and sat down next to me with his eyes almost looking stressed. Judging from how long I was out, he must have checked on me numerous times. 

"Obi? What's wrong?" I budged in to his thoughts.

"We can have that talk," he returned with a grin. "It's been too long to delay the matter."

His expression changed before turning away for a moment and sighing. He must have been disturbed on my time here.

"Sorry," he spoke. "I was just worried about you not getting better. They were doing everything, even the Council was concerned for your safety. But none of them matched mine."

"Because you're my lover," I reminded him.

"Not just a lover. A..."

I questioned where he was trying to lead, but he shook his head and managed to get a grip on himself.

"When you're out of here, I want you to come with me so we can keep this talk in a better environment," Obi stated. "I can already see that you still need to get a bit better."

"All right, love," I replied before sitting up and grabbing my clothes.

Obi-Wan immediately aided to my stance, seeing him be the gentlemen he was before his eyes focused behind me. I could tell he was glancing at just more than what was needed, making me softly pat him and get his attention back up to me.

"You know, there are times when we have to be Jedi. And then there are times..." he complimented as he raised his eyebrow.

"We can be who we want to be," I finished for him

"We can be who we want to be," I finished for him. "I'll be out in a moment."

"Take your time."

I closed the door to the bathroom and started getting out of my clothes when I was thinking on what he meant on talking somewhere better.

Was he trying to tell me about that topic? The one I dearly knew he wanted to talk about?

Marriage.