CHAPTER XLIV. sparks

♢ || chapter 44. sparks

I remembered overhearing cries.

People frightened and horrified of what transpired.

There was darkness on Zyggeria, but it felt more than just that planet.

All other sites ministered within me.

Mortis must be another purpose of this.

I awoke in a rush, fearful of what happened with the heart monitor attached on me started beeping nonstop. An alert was going off with my sudden conscious trying to pick out where I was at.

I tried calming down before realizing I was in my room on Coruscant. 

What exactly happened?

My door opened and Obi-Wan came in a rush, seeing I was awake with Anakin by his side.

"Jewel! You have to calm down!" Anakin told me.

I tried to catch my breath with everything surging in me so quick I couldn't respond. My body was weak and my head giving a horrible headache did not soothe this sudden wake-up.

Obi-Wan placed his hands on my face before gently kissing me. My senses kicked in to remember that feeling and I started to calm down. His scent was returning me back along with his gentle hold on lingering the same touch I'd remember since that first day. 

He let go and stroked my hair out of my forehead before holding my hand with his.

"What... happened?" I asked gently.

Everyone looked at each other as Obi-Wan seemed to be pushed to respond. Of course, he was the one to inform me.

"Well... Jewel, we all were worried about you," he began.

"Yes... but what happened? Why did I black out? There was some dark energy crashing in me when I was back on Zyggeria," I explained.

Master Windu sat on the opposite side of the bed and immediately stated that I had been taken in control of the Dark side. The dark energy, the amount of power that surged in me; I couldn't handle it. 

It all made sense as to why I blacked out. 

I felt scared, even of myself to realize I deal with this.

"There has to be some explanation, isn't there?" Ahsoka asked. "She couldn't have just turned to the dark side that easily."

"She did," Obi-Wan answered unexpectedly.

Everyone laid eyes on him, even me as he continued on. 

"Ever since this Force bond placed on us, I could notice that there were some changes when she switched. When she did those things back on Zyggeria, I tried to sense in her if she was still herself. I couldn't sense the real Jewel there. It was as if the Dark side of her truly came out and controlling her."

My eyes widened from hearing all this. I did horrible acts back on that planet? 

"There were a lot of unique factors that came across this sudden happening," Master Windu added. "It appeared that she did know whom everyone was, considering that when you brought her back to Coruscant, she didn't give anyone a hard time. She did, however, brought something I found interesting."

All eyes laid on Windu as he continued explaining that there was a legend of a Jedi once actually tapping into the dark side without reason. Everyone feared them because of the power they possessed. It made them soon realize that they are understanding the capacities they can withstand. 

They choose whether to fall into the dark instead of the light.

"What if she is experiencing this?" Obi-Wan claimed. "What then?"

"That's up to her to answer," he replied. "She is the one that experienced this and must choose."

I sat up and tried to remember what caused me to change like that. My mind ached from thinking on this with how much it bothered me to try and concentrate the strength I had in me left.

"Let's let her rest," Ahsoka said. "She's has a rough time ever since we got back."

Everyone agreed and left Obi-Wan and I together.

"Do you feel all right, love?" he urged with him rubbing my hand with his thumbs.

"I feel... myself again," I affirmed. "I'm... I-"

Obi-Wan noticed my expression as I felt tears in my eyes, having him hold me and comforted my sudden somber. Tears strolled down my face with Obi ignoring them touching before he looked at me, scared for my own sake.

"You will always be the Jewel I once loved," he acknowledged. "You can't ever forget that."

I shook my head to that with him placing his forehead on mine.

He placed his lips on me, bringing me to shift over for us to sleep. He didn't let go of me when I heard him fall in his slumber.

I actually tapped in the Dark side?

I don't recall what I had done to some of those people.

Must be truly terrifying to know if I did.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Seeing the bright sun beam into the room, my eyes slowly opened to see Obi-Wan still carressing me with his eyes locking onto mine.

"Good morning," he told me in his morning voice.

I smiled and kissed him, replying back and sitting up with a certain pain in me still.

"Everything all right?" Obi-Wan questioned with his hold still on me.

My mind did feel more better without the disturbance there, but I still questioned what really happened to me.

"Just more concerned on what this all means," I informed him. "I know that it must be something with who I am, is it?"

Obi-Wan nodded, bringing his thoughts to wonder on me.

This could be interesting, after all.

Figuring out what was my true outlook of things.