CHAPTER IX. hope

♡ || chapter 9. hope

Coruscant was in view now after the journey back. Supreme Chancellor Valorum along with Senator Palpatine and some of their bodyguards were there to greet Padme and all of us.

At this point, Obi-Wan and I were aware that this connection between us had become even stronger. I felt a sense of relief knowing that Obi-Wan was a person who wouldn't doubt his decisions. He stood by me through the conversations and kept his eyes ahead of the matter, but still thinking about the kiss. 

"It is a great gift to see you alive, your Majesty. May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum," Senator Palpatine expressed as all of us were present in front of them.

"Welcome, Your Highness. It is an honor to finally meet you in person. I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the current situation. I've called for a special session of the Senate to hear your position," Chancellor Valorum addressed as he spoke of pride in his tone.

Palpatine led Queen Amidala and her escorts to an air taxi with Anakin and Jar Jar joining them in excitement. Anakin and Jar Jar seemed to bother Palpatine for a moment with Jar Jar speaking something and Anakin smiling along.

"Do excuse me, but we must see the Jedi Council. The situation has gotten more complicated," Qui-Gon stated. "Your Honor."

The Chancellor acknowledged his statement and went to his duties. Qui-Gon then led Obi-Wan and me back to the Council. My attention was captivated by something unique as my robe appeared to be expanding rather than shrinking. I've had this cloak since I ranked a few years ago, and it still fits me perfectly.

Maybe Obi-Wan and I should eat out more and dine to cater our hunger whenever we had free time.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"...it seems another factor that made me think further was what your Padawan had to say, Master Windu," Qui-Gon declared what I had stated early on when we fled from Tatooine.

"And what is that conclusion?" Master Windu asked me.

I was feeling quite anxious, with my hands trembling at the mere thought of it.

"A Sith Lord," I pleaded to the Jedi Council.

The council was quiet for a moment, taking it in as Master Windu seemed startled by this presumption. He looked the most surprised from the group of Jedi.

"A Sith Lord?!" he responded after a moment, adjusting his sitting and propping himself forward to further get more out of this talk.

"Impossible! The Sith have been dead for a Millenium," Ki-Adi added in context.

The Council debated the allegations as I kindly stepped away from the spotlight alongside Obi-Wan. He appeared to be intensely absorbed in thought. Like if he were contemplating something...

"It seems like it's serious, isn't it?" Obi-Wan expressed in his mind toward me through the Force. 

"Seems so," I spoke back through the Force.

"Once this is finished, I wanted to arrange what we always did together."

"So you mean like the restaurant we went to?" Funny how I was thinking that earlier...

"Exactly. And many more festivities."

My smile showed briefly with Obi-Wan catching it and looking back at the Council, shaking his head softly. Master Windu and the others were just addressing the situation with Anakin.

"...possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians," Qui-Gon said.

"You're referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it's this boy?" Master Windu proposed.

"I don't presume..."

"But you do! Revealed, your opinion is," Master Yoda addressed.

"I request the boy be tested," Qui-Gon returned the favor.

The Jedi took a moment to share glances with each other to see about this option. Master Windu brought his attention to me, seeming like I was on Qui-Gon's side in this choice to help Anakin.

After much deliberation, they reached a consensus to have Anakin receive instruction. Qui-Gon would need to take charge of a plan to teach Anakin a lesson, while Obi-Wan and I would serve as important witnesses to this event.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were chatting with one another about Anakin. It seemed they were having different points on this matter sorted out, leaving me to reflect over to a mirror by the window on the balcony the three of us were at. I had not realized my mother was starting to reflect within me as I aged.

"Jewel," I overheard Obi-Wan call to me. 

"What's your opinion on Anakin?" Qui-Gon asked with Obi-Wan gave a concerned look. Not the same one I'd usually see, but more well-defined.

"Of him becoming a Jedi?" I asked.

"Don't defy the council, master!" Obi-Wan blurted, seemingly worried more. "Not again..."

"I will do what I must," Qui-Gon spoke, still laying eye contact with me instead of his Padawan.

"I feel like Anakin might be capable of doing so," I answered. "There's some conflict going through him as of now, but my will is telling me everything will fall together."

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice," Qui-Gon pointed out to Obi. "Come, we still have to go find Anakin and see what results may come."

Qui-Gon returned back inside, leaving Obi and me out together to ponder more of this situation. It appeared that Obi-Wan had a different perspective from mine. Being overwhelmed by the constant conflicts and the flow of time certainly left him feeling unclear.

"Did I upset you, Obi?" I sought out to him, retracting my hand so I didn't touch him.

Obi-Wan sighed and shook his head. He must have been concerned if his Master was making good decisions or not.

"I just don't think the boy will be-" Obi started but I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Anakin," I stopped him to remind him to not be impolite at such times.

"Anakin won't be able to do much since he is conflicted about himself," Obi-Wan proceeded.

"He seems to be like that, but trust me, love, he is okay," I assured him.

Obi-Wan paused to notice what I said. There bore the hint of a happy smile on his face. I could see his eyes were slightly creased more in the brightness of them gazing at me from what I had said.

"Love, I see?" he raised his eyebrows in a furrow while he folded his arms across his chest.

"Much more to expect than such. Also, you were the one who seemed enthusiastic about spending time together."

"I haven't forgotten." His eyes twinkled in the sunset sky as he looked at me.

We both left the balcony of the room with Obi-Wan listing the different places we could attend. And there again, chewing my ear more and more. Such a sight to be around.