CHAPTER XXXIV. discussion

♢ || chapter 34. discussion

It was close to the night sky showing it's bright stars among the clear atmosphere. My mind had been drawing me aback to discuss Master Windu and Yoda about the marriage step. Our relationship still prolonged, but what about the community's reaction to it?

Sure, Padme and Anakin would agree with it, but not much can think of two Jedi being together. It is in the greatest rules of all Jedi to never have your feelings overcome who you become. It has been difficult to maintain since Obi and I have been disregarding it for so long even before Qui-Gon Force bonded us. Master Windu and Master Yoda and Anakin are the only ones to know of Obi and I, but more could count than just fingers.

I placed myself in the Council seat where I sat at with the other empty chairs surrounding me feel ponder on the topic still. I didn't realize Obi-Wan coming inside with him opening the doors and glancing at my lonely self in the room.

"Where's everyone else?" he asked, his hands ajoined together with his integrity showing.

"Probably asleep by now, but..." I said before turning away in worry.

"What's going on, Jewel?" Obi sat next to me with his focus on me still.

I faced him and told him about my thoughts on the marriage. He seemed to be worried when I brought it up, but I can tell when he is relaxed and when he isn't.

"Don't you think this is wrong for everyone to find out in one big hit? The two of us going to marry each other?" I questioned.

Obi stroked his beard before the Council doors opened to Master Windu. 

Surprise, surprise.

"Oh, what are you two doing here?" he queried while entering in.

My determination had to kick in, especially to my Master. He always brought a kind of look to make one intimidated, but I knew how to gradually face him with how particular coincidences had happened in the past.

"Master, there's been a bit of an complication with the Force bond with Obi-Wan and I," I brought myself to say.

He gave a questioning look as Obi stood next to me, taking it in a more direct approach by holding me close to him. 

"I asked her to marry me when we were coming back from Geonosis," Obi-Wan admitted.

Master Windu didn't react as how I thought, but then he pointed out the necklace I was wearing.

"I was having a hard time to tell you when we got back, but I knew if I held it for so long you would not accept it," I told Master Windu. "I know Obi-Wan and I are already on thin ice of us always being around each other."

"People have been always asking me if you are around because they trust you more than anyone else in the Council," Master Windu suddenly changed the topic. "You know how many people have asked?"

I couldn't think of a number. I plainly gave him a questioned look before he continued on.

"Numerous. I've never seen many citizens request only one Jedi among the Council than ever. You have an affect on people, Jewel. Just like how Obi-Wan has one with you."

Obi-Wan softly laughed with Master Windu smiling in return. It seems like I did have that affect on people. 

"I'll have to inform Master Yoda upon this. He knows what might be best. But know this," Windu spoke and then came close to us. "Whatever happens to either one of you, it'll make it more noticeable for people to take advantage of. Don't let anything happen."

"We always keep our guard up, Master," Obi replied.

"Personally, I don't have any issues towards this. The Republic might be concerned if we are going to allow something like this. Take account of it and make sure you two are ready for whether things go one way or not."

Obi and I nodded with his statement before we excused ourselves to turn in for sleep.

Once Obi-Wan and I were alone in the halls after a brief looking, I immediately kissed Obi-Wan on my toes to reach his lips. He didn't realize the sudden action before picking me slightly up and relishing the kiss.

"I love you," I told Obi. "If this whole arrangement has to really test the two of us together-"

"It won't matter either way. It'll make us even closer than ever, and I don't care if this means the two of us will be expelled from the Jedi Order. All I want is to be with you, love. That's all I ever wanted," Obi said as he held my face. "There's nothing else above you that matters."

I probably was one of the fortunate people to have someone like Obi-Wan.

"I've been wanting to give this to you," I told Obi as my hand went into my pocket. "It's your part of the marriage as well."

He took it and then saw a necklace wrapped with a ring on there with my name and his carved on it. It did take some time beforehand to get this specially made. 

"That's yours to wear, but make sure it's tucked away like mine is," I nudged him. "You don't want anyone to flirt with me since we'll be married and you don't want to deal with anyone else."

"Oh, believe me, I wouldn't," he said as he put it on. "It's beautiful. Thank you, love."

I nodded as he planted a kiss on my cheek and said goodnight to me. He gingerly walked to his room with me returning back to mine.

Honestly, there wasn't any issues to leaving the Order. I knew what kind of dangers we had to face when it came serious, but I knew that something evil will come at the highest point in all of this. 

I knew whether to accept it or face it.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

As Obi and I were heading to Mandalore on another mission, I remembered distinctly what I had to expect.

Apparently, there was a little conflicting equation to the past because Obi-Wan told me that Mandalore was very interesting to remember. Specifically, a person was relevant, but he claims that he does not have any feelings toward this person since he had his love acquainted to me only.

Satine. 

Duchess Satine.