CHAPTER XXXVI. death watch

♢ || chapter 36. death watch

Obi-Wan, Satine and I were now on Concordia to continue this investgation. The Echo Sense around the place had numerous spots for me to insight upon, but I could tell there was something off once the three of us exited the ship.

"Duchess Satine, you are most welcomed," someone delivered when they approached us.

"Thank you, Governor Vizsla," Satine replied back. "May I present Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Juliana Kell. She is representing the Jedi Council. Governor Vizsla is one of the officials I spoke of. He has been working to find the members of the Death Watch."

"I take it you've heard the rumors about Satine, about how she's supposedly leading Mandalore into an alliance with the Separatists," Vizsla informed.

"Our only instructions are to seek the truth," Obi-Wan said.

"This was the man who bombed the memorial shrine?"

"Yes. He was apparently part of Death Watch."

"A worrisome prospect. If you'll pardon me, Generals, we must attend to the body."

Vizsla left with me pondering on his character. He appeared awfully different than most I've encountered, and with the way he spoke gave an offputting sense to himself.

"I need a favor from you," Obi-Wan talked to Satine. "Please keep Governor Vizsla occupied at dinner. Jewel and I need to look around more."

"Where are you going?" Satine asked him.

"Just... looking around. I'd like to see one of these mining facilities for myself."

"You mean you want to determine if they're still operational."

"I hope to determine they're not."

Obi then took an earbud from his belt, giving it to Satine so she could keep in touch in case if anything more occurs.

"Well, if there's anything else to commute on, we shall get going?" I interrupted as Obi-Wan agreed hastily.

Obi-Wan got on one of the speeders while I took a glance outside to laugh at my thoughts for the moment. 

"Try not to get yourself hurt in anyway," I told Satine. "We certainly don't want Obi-Wan and you to become more closer than what already is."

"Excuse me?" Satine seemed questionable from what I assumed.

"Aren't you getting on?" Obi-Wan questioned what I was doing.

"I want to try something," I assured his question before climbing to a gap outside. This could give me a better posture of using my abilities to a good use.

I Force pushed myself over to the field where Obi-Wan would take the road. The trick would be doing a flip forward and push against the air to get another Force launch further. The feeling the wind gently breeze through my hair and robes before landing was nice to glimpse on.

Obi-Wan finally approached where I was after landing with him shaking his head.

"Why do I feel like you're more valuable than ever?" Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow.

"Because that will make other people want to have me over you," I replied before getting on the speeder bike. "You certainly don't want anyone kidnapping me for their pleasure."

"I'll really show them if they do."

He took off as we fled quickly to the facility.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒