CHAPTER XL. light/dark side

♢ || chapter 40. light/dark side

The mission with Savage Oppress went well. He still managed to get away afterwards, but we knew he wouldn't interfere with any other Jedi again.

There was, however, a danger to now worry on.

A danger now brought to Coruscant.

"And this happened, how exactly?" Master Windu pondered with my presence put in the center of the Council room.

"I only used the Force to pull back the ship on the landing dock in Toydaria. But it was different. I felt something hurt in my head when I managed to do so," I noted to everyone. "That's when afterward, Master Kenobi and Skywalker were startled to see my eye."

"May we see it, please?" Shaak Ti asked.

I nodded, taking the bandage I assumed it was off me with the members glancing upon it in worry. Master Yoda seemed to be not worried of the look of things.

"Journey, you must take, Master Kell," Master Yoda expressed. "To understand the truth of whom you are. Develop, you must."

"And exactly where do I go to understand who I am?" I asked Master Yoda in a worry.

If this eye would never go away, I don't think it would bring great positives to anyone around me ever.

"To which you must decide, Jewel. Only your mind speaks, not your heart. Listen to it, you will."

Seeing how clutched up Obi-Wan right now made him only want to hold me for what I was experiencing. Not only this but the sudden news of the Council talking about our bond without our presence was starting to sprread word around the Temple.

Like I told myself, if anything happens, I would know how to settle this matter.

"I may have to think of this," I acknowledged. "That's everything to know as of now."

"Thank you, Jewel," Master Windu spoke. "You may take your place."

I sat back in my seat, seeing Obi not lose his sight on me with his seat placed next to mine. He seemed awfully worried for one to hide it so well among the others present.

"I'll always be here, you know?" he recalled to me.

"I know, love," I replied in thought. "It's difficult to have people rely on my trust now since this will change people's looks on me."

"Not me."

"I know you wouldn't."

"You'll always be my number one."

I smiled to myself with him grinning too. Oh, he loves teasing me at any given time.

Back to the orignal topic though... To find myself.

Where would it start?

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and I were together now to deal with a transmission that came from the Outer Rim of the usual tranmission calls. Everyone was questioning why it was all the way out here along with the fact of what we were probably going to be getting ourselves into.

"Rex. Rex, do you read me?" Anakin spoke into the comlink latched on our ship. "We're at the rendezvous point awaiting your arrival. Where are you?"

"Sir, we are at the rendezvous point, and there's no sign of you on our scanners," Rex answered.

"Oh, come on. That's impossible."

Anakin turned to Obi-Wan and continued, "Something's wrong here. We're at the exact coordinates where the distress signal originated, but there's nothing here. Rex is at the exact same coordinates, and he's not here."