CHAPTER LV. slow transitions

♢ || chapter 55. slow transitions

Ahsoka walking out from the Temple impacted Anakin greatly. Padme told me that he didn't bother himself around anyone for some time along with how he felt. She only wanted to be safe on her husband being well and not doing anything dangerous for his sake.

Obi-Wan felt discouraged with how Anakin felt too. It bothered me to see Obi get a little distraught from the different behavior his former Padawan brought out to the Temple.

But Obi knew to not dwell on it too long or it would get worse. He kept his focus on him and I, which helped for the most part of his mood throughout the day.

"Lady Kenobi, speak with you, we must," Master Yoda spoke to me through the comlink. "Important details we much discuss."

"I'll be there soon," I replied as I turned the comlink off.

Obi-Wan and I were in our room relaxing for the time being. Now we had to return back to the Council room.

"We have to return back now?" Obi whined. "We just finished our last talks of the events going on. All I want-"

"Is us time," I finished his sentence.

He flashed a smile with my hands holding his to stand him up on how important it was for Council meetings to come in our schedule. 

"Shouldn't I come along too?" Obi sounded quite puzzled to forget of our Force bond.

"You do know we have to go everywhere together," I reminded him. "Unless we can make the both of us meditate and connect with the Force on a deeper level."

"I'd rather spend my life next to you."

"And hear more of the sassiness coming from your elegant words? Sounds quite nice."

He laughed with the both of us taking our leave to Master Yoda. 

Ever since the marriage, people had adjusted to Obi and I showing the minimal PDA around the area. No one actually tried to break the relationship between us. Everyone continued with their daily agenda instead of ruining the one true thing that was accepted.

Once we got to the Council room, Master Yoda and Master Windu were the only two present. 

"Jewel, Obi-Wan, please..." Master Windu told us to enter.

We got in the middle of the room as he continued on with his sentence.

"Master Yoda and I... talked upon Anakin's recent behavior. It has been a little suspicious of what he may do," he expressed. "It makes us only worried if he might act out."

I looked at Obi-Wan as he returned the topic with him knowing that Anakin wouldn't do anything evil or diabolical behind our backs. He couldn't bring that kind of idea in mind since he had a heart for everyone he cared for. Ahsoka did affect him differently than what I had suspected, but who wouldn't be hurt to see their own Padawan not accept to return back after what she went through?

"It did reveal his characteristics, but that doesn't change who he is," Obi concluded. "Jewel and I know what kind of person he is. We wouldn't ever be betrayed from someone like Anakin."

Master Yoda seemed to think critically as I could tell he had some thoughts on his mind. 

He asked me if I had seen some signs before Ahsoka had left.

"Well, I did see some kind of vision of Ahsoka leaving for a specific matter. Anakin was also in the vision. He was leaving after her," I told them. "She didn't agree with the way the Republic became as it is now."

It was silent as Master Windu broke it with no haste. 

"And you think of this in particular for what reason?" he investigated.

"Well... she did seem to change her looks on how this whole scenario played," I answered.

"Agree with her, do you?" Master Yoda questioned me.

I was going to respond but I kept silent. Obi-Wan noticed it and looked at me with Master Windu requesting the question again.

Nothing.

"Jewel would never betray us," Obi reported. "I know her dearly. She doesn't bring that kind of behavior to mind at all."

I smiled at his say in for me. He knew how I felt as time passed with the Order and whatnot, but that was the only difficult task to bring up to Master Windu and Master Yoda, specifically.

"My own thoughts have varied on how this whole war begun, and it has made me question a lot," I pitched in the conversation. "I'm not submitting to do any kind of dubious behavior in any sort. I have been with the Order, and even though the actions I do may seem as if I am a part of the Order... I'm..."

It was difficult to say it, but Master Windu finished my thoughts as I looked at my old Master. He did help my teachings ever since I was a youngling, and never changed one bit when I first met him. He certainly was amazed of my power at some parts of the course, but he knew what he was doing to help me get better.

"The Jedi Order, betrayed, you have not," Master Yoda answered. "Understanding of the Force, you have succeeded. Dark and light, powers of the Force... Faced, you have. Conflicted, still, yes..."

I sighed and agreed with the statement. I did not know fully what my intentions were, but I only wanted to do what was necessary.

"You still have Obi-Wan to aid your thoughts to this," Windu reminded me.

"Yes, Master," I responded.

"Ever since your return back from the Force, he has completely gone back to whom he was. The transition since you passed took a toll on him dearly greater than what any Jedi could ever expect."

"So I've heard..."

My eyes faced my hands as I held them together in worry. It did concern me for other's safety if Obi-Wan had hurt them, but I only heard it was clone troopers delivering a cargo ship of some sort when it happened.

I felt warmth come to me as Obi held me close to him, kissing my cheek as I laughed softly.

"He always will be the man I've fallen in love with," I stated. "Never will change."

Obi smiled at me as he kissed me again with Master Windu disturbed by the act.

"Please, privacy," he addressed.

Master Yoda laughed it off as Obi and I laughed simultaneously.

Well, sorry for the little delay. Just been busy with some Obi-Wan edits and whatnot along with personal stuff.

12K too already. (6/7/20)

♥︎ Thanks you. I appreciate it and the comments. ♥︎