CHAPTER XXXIII. hero

♢ || chapter 33. hero

"I cannot believe we're back here again," Obi-Wan expressed with sass while I peered out the ship. 

"It's quite a handful," I replied. "The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we had thought."

"The same can be said for their loyalty to Count Dooku."

"People overlook that."

Obi-Wan stroked his beard with immense reach while I kept my focus out on where Ahsoka and Anakin were.

It took some time for them to arrive. I could tell Obi-Wan didn't enjoy belittling missions whenever they were given to us.

"You're late," Obi-Wan said.

"Sorry, Master. Ahsoka and I were busy routing the Seppies near Dorin," Anakin replied with a smile.

"My squadron alone had 55 kills," Ahsoka chimed in the conversation.

"Yeah, but mine had 76," Anakin remarked.

"Show off."

"Well, I'm glad that you two are enjoying yourselves," Obi-Wan butted in.

"Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master," Anakin told him. "Nothing to worry about. I figure you and Jewel have your fair share of competing against each other."

Obi-Wan and I shared a glance before we shook our head to his suggestion. 

Of course, this was a lie.  

"Not even once?" Anakin reached for a better answer.

"What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight," Obi said. "There's more topics than contests like this to be concerned about."

"It's good to note that the invasion of Geonosis meets our expectations," I added.

"Agreed. Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim Command," Anakin told her. "We're ready for our briefing."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," Obi-Wan said as Master Windu, Yoda, and Luminara and Chancellor Palpatine were among the call too.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Master Windu asked.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here. The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Jewel, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shack out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky committing three generals to one area of the attack?" Palpatine suggested. "If something went wrong, we could be dealt with a serious blow."

"To ensure that rise again Geonosis does not, capture Poggle, we must," Master Yoda stated. 

"Of course. As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi."

"Our thanks, Chancellor," Obi-Wan returned.  

"May the Force be with you," Master Windu said before the call ended. 

After that, Cody and Rex came in, leaving Obi-Wan to tell the coordinates for the rendezvous we planned out. 

"Shall we get this commenced with?" I told everyone.