CHAPTER XLVI. marriage

♢ || chapter 46. marriage

After all that has happened, the Council and everyone were proud of what great steps I accomplished at this rate. The marriage was actually held sooner than what Obi and I anticipated it to be. Padme had immediately butted in to pick out the right dress along with Ahsoka giving me good reason on my nervousness hitting.

"Your wedding needs to be the best it could ever have existed!" Ahsoka piled onto me.

"Exactly why?" I asked her.

"Uh, this is the first Jedi wedding in how long?"

"Possibly never?"

"Exactly! It needs to be huge and exciting!"

I sighed and looked at the necklace that Obi-Wan gave me. This necklace did go through a lot of missions and paths I had to settle, and this would never be lost. 

"Jewel Kenobi," Ahsoka spoke in which I felt a little weirded out by that. "Or Juliana Kenobi. That sounds way more better than Kell, if I had to say so."

"It's not in the papers yet!" I reminded her.

"It will be soon," Obi-Wan spoke out of nowhere.

I turned and saw him, excited to see him appear when Ahsoka and I were glancing over the little feast that was presented. He planted himself next to me by no reason on hiding our emotions with him planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm pretty sure we will have to settle the smooches later," Ahsoka groaned. "This is quite a party the Senate wanted to throw."

"Thank Padme, she did want this collaborated," I reminded her.

"Oh, yes, I will. Actually, I'll do that right now."

Ahsoka excused herself as Obi-Wan and I were "alone", but still around other people presented at the celebration. Padme figured it would be best to have everyone know of Obi and I being married, and then the real festivities would happen when the matter was befalling.

"Well, this is grand," Obi-Wan told me.

"What is?" I asked.

"You completely forgot why we are here?"

"Our marriage?"

"Maybe the journey to get your lightsaber made you forget who I am. I might as well reintroduce myself."

"No, no... I'm here. Just surprised by how many people actually came to honor this, even Satine too."

Obi-Wan and I caught her nearing where we were as she seemed a little bothered by all this. She had still not forgiven the fact of why Obi and I were to be married soon, but she didn't cause any disturbance among the crowd.

"Maybe...?" I started to Obi-Wan.

"She'll find a way," he replied. "I wouldn't worry about her. She wouldn't do anything to ruin our marriage like this. It will be the best thing to ever happen to us, obviously."

"Of course."

We watched everyone enjoy their time together as this was only the start of things. 

Eventually, the REAL wedding will be held, and Master Yoda felt pleased to see that he would be having Obi and I exchange our vows. It felt quite unreal to see all this unravel.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Padme and her handmaidens were giving me the best appearance I could possibly have ever dealt with in my life. She seemed to be more excited than I was was right now.