CHAPTER XLIII. not again

♢ || chapter 43. not again

"It looks like Zyggeria is a popular place these days," Anakin said with a smile on his face while seeing the planet from the shuttle.

Just before all this mess, all of us had gotten the information out of D'Nar when Anakin had threatened him. It turns out that the colonists from Kiros had actually been taken to Zyggeria under the Queen for auction of some sort. This mission was warning me of my recalls on being kidnapped and held off on this mess of a planet. I didn't even consider wanting to return here again.

"Hmm... Whatever is happening seems to attract plenty of high-class scum," Obi-Wan noted with him folding his arms.

"Seems so," I added with a grin.

"Let's just hope the information our spies gave us about the Queen is accurate," Anakin recounted while putting on a piece of the costume we had to play in on. "Remember, I'll keep her occupied while you locate the missing people of Kiros."

"How do you plan on keeping the Queen occupied?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Shouldn't be that difficult," I proposed. "She is quite the distraction for some... gentlemen of her choosing."

Anakin laughed and blabbed on him doing so with his charm.

"Oh, yes... of course," Obi-Wan groaned.

"Hold on to this, will you, buddy?"

Anakin tossed his lightsaber to R2 with Obi-Wan and I doing the same. We departed out of the shuttle to enter in the heap of the mess lying ahead.

"Remind me why I'm the one playing the part of the slave?" Ahsoka asked with her outfit covering her entire body.

"I tried it once," Anakin responded. "I wasn't any good at it. Besides, the role of master comes easily to me."

"Really? Well, this time try to be convincing at it."

We started heading into the city with the dangers lying around the place. Slavers and other people in the street mixed with terror and amusement some faces had brought some uncomfortable sights to gaze around. 

"Everything holding up okay?" Obi-Wan intervened my thoughts.

"Managing all this," I replied in thought.

"We'll get the colonists out of here and settle ourselves to whatever you want to do."

"Sounds pleasant."

That's when we noticed Ahsoka stopped a Zyggerian hitting a slave with his whip, and Anakin catching in the disturbance. It seemed to be working as Anakin shifted them on the Queen wanting his presence for a specific matter on someone named Bruno Denturri.

Obi-Wan, Rex, and I traveled off elsewhere, looking on where the colonists could be. 

The slave pits might've given an exact pinpoint to where they could be. They tend to choose wherever they placed their people, but the pits would be their tortue fun.

"Sir, take a look at this," Rex noted as he saw something.

Obi-Wan and I looked in the pit and saw a Togrutan there. They were lying miserable and weak, and from I what sensed, they were tired and almost close to passing out.

"Stand watch. I'll take a closer look," Obi-Wan said as he jumped down in the pit.

It took less than a minute for Obi-Wan to bring out what looked like Governor Roshti. He looked passed out from the exhaustion he carried on himself. Seemed like he was on the verge of giving in.

"Sir, did you find out where the others are?" Rex asked Obi-Wan.

"Not yet," he whispered. "We got to get him out of here."

I looked up to see a creature Obi-Wan immediately went after, throwing one of the Zygerrian's off the beast. That took me by surprise before I hurried along and joined with Obi's quick motives.

I heard more people arriving while fleeing the scene. They had their blasters ready to shoot, and I managed to turn and block out any shocks with the way the beast crawled out of the scene.

By the time I turned to put the Force shield up, it hit the armor on my stomach. The sudden pain surged through, getting worse before I fell off and collapsed near one of the pits.

Obi called out to me before I got up and saw the number of guards surrounding me. My senses quickly risen with Obi-Wan arriving near where I was.

He Force jumped next to me, helping me stand with the guards still aiming at us. I didn't know why he didn't leave with Rex right then and there. I did had to remind myself though that our heart situation would probably ressurect like how it did when we were separated.

Well, another brutal encountering to deal with.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

My body was tensed with the whippings casted on my body. Obi-Wan was angered by the sight of me hurt along with his wounds showing on him. This truly brought out some colors on how he could react if I was hurt.

My ears heard the Queen's voice. It evoked anger in me, but I had to cease it and not let that resentment grow onto me.

"No matter what happens, Jewel..." Obi-Wan began speaking to me.

"I won't let us suffer any longer," I responded in thought. "There's a way I might get us out of this."

He smiled as the doors revealed, having the Queen speak of our names and us being Jedi. The arena in Zyggeria was much more different than on Geonosis. This place seemed more brutal and more open to see.

The crowd was booing at Obi and I. It didn't take long for me to look up and see Ahsoka and Anakin nearby the Queen.

"My friends, my good friends," the Queen inaugurated. "Do not fear the Jedi. They are no different from others we have forced into submission, for they have forsaken their ideals to serve a corrupt Senate. Every Jedi has become a slave to the Republic."

Obi-Wan and I were next to each other as I noticed the Queen give Anakin a whip.

After some while, he came where we were as the Zyggerian pushed us down on our knees, awaiting for the attack to happen.

"Looks like I have to rescue you again, old man," Anakin faked his mockery to Obi-Wan.

"I knew you'd have a backup plan," Obi-Wan retorted to him.

Suddenly, I felt a distinct energy course in me, bringing me to fall forward in pain. My brain started to contract this feeling with darkness starting to cloud my vision. My brain was on fire, from what it felt like.

"Are you all right?" Obi-Wan questioned me. "Jewel!?"

My body started to shudder, and I felt my breathing grow raspy with the quivering controlling my head and everything in me. Obi-Wan and the others were confused as what was going on with me, and I couldn't tell why I started feeling like this.

"What is happening? Why is she acting like that?" the Queen asked in the speaker.

My eyes witnessed Obi-Wan looking at me in fear before blackness took over.

Thank you for 6K already. I am beyond happy that this happened. (5/14/20)

Keep on reading and thank you so much.