CHAPTER L. the darkness

♢ || chapter 50. the darkness

𝐎𝐁𝐈-𝐖𝐀𝐍

She was gone. Gone in a blink of an eye, in my arms. 

She never envisioned her life to be sacrified among what she poured through time. Her ridding Maul and Savage brought me to see what capibilities she truly had for whom she was. 

She was one to never forget.

And I would never forget her.

I returned to the Jedi Temple with the aching pain I still had on Mandalore. Anakin and Ahsoka bothered themselves to question how I was.

I didn't speak. I didn't want to.

Satine stayed on Mandalore with her sister, Bo-Kotan, and aided my leave out of the planet. I rest assured her that nothing will bring me closer to her than this. 

Nothing would, and never will.

"Master," Anakin spoke outside of the room. "Please, you have to talk to us..."

I couldn't. My body and mind get wishing Jewel was here. She wasn't here. 

Never again.

"The Council wants to get the information on what happened," Anakin started to sound like himself when he was younger, and oh, it did it bother me so.

I clutched the pillow that I was holding harder than before as I closed my eyes and kept hearing the lightsaber entering herself, Mail, and Savage too. Seeing this made me nauseous to my stomach.

Why...?

My body jolted up with me heading to the restroom and vomiting the burden I carried on myself to cough up enough for me to cry. The stress continued to pile on me with how much I missed her. My wife.

It would never be the same again.

I reached for the towel nearby, wiping my mouth and tears with the sudden anger surge within me. My body started to shake, having me wonder what kind of frustration can get rid of this feeling.

I stood up, noticing in the mirror my eye changed color.

It was a orange, light yellow tint. The endless showing of anger I felt seeing this started affecting me. 

I was growing diverse.

I even felt it continue in me.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Since the returns, nothing would make this sudden toll on me change. The Council constantly requesting me to bid information on what happene along with Jewel too.

My love. My wife.

"Master Kenobi," Ahsoka caught to me. "I thought I'd never see you sooner than before."

I kept silent as I continued walking, ignoring her demeanor.

"Master Kenobi? Are you okay?" Ahsoka asked.

My head swung to face her. She must have noticed the distinct color in my eye with the fear she risen when she saw me.

"Please... go," I spoke rashly.

She didn't say anything else before taking off. I continued my leave out of the Temple and into other bothering places.

It was night by now. I could tell that there was no need of any Jedi business anymore.

I threw my hood up from my robe before leaving.

I continued walking as I sensed Anakin running, almost out of breath and happy to see me.

My eyes looked down with him questioning what was going on.

"Master, you've been different ever since you came back," Anakin discussed. "What happened on Mandalore? Where is Jewel too? Everyone has been questioning she isn't with you or anywhere near in the Temple."

My mouth went to speak. 

I couldn't.

"Master!" Anakin this time pushed my hood down, having me revealed to him and others nearby.

He developed my look as he started to get worried. The sudden shock to see how my appearance took him quite a handful.

"You have no right to butcher in on my business," I scolded at him.

"I just want to know what happened on the mission!"

I kept silent with my focus to walk away grow, but Anakin refused to let this slip. He demanded what was happening and why I was acting like this.

"You want the truth!?" I shouted at him. "I tried to rescue the Duchess with Jewel, but my wife is gone! There's more than just this, Anakin. Maul and Savage are both dead too! Jewel managed to get a trick done onto the two of them while Satine stood by the coward she is!"

Anakin seemed scared at this point, and I told him that nothing else would be bringing my love back. 

Nothing.

"Please... Leave me be," I told him before walking into the lower parts of Coruscant. 

Anakin didn't do anything more with my senses picking him flee the area.

It felt like I would be needed here in these ruins since I felt like utter waste now. There was nothing for me to cheer me up.

Someone suddenly rushed to me and asked for some credits.

I stopped to look at him.

He realized my eye too and stepped back as I continued wandering.

"You're that Jedi, uh... Kenobi, is it?" he lectured as I stopped again.

My head shifted to the left, trying to see what was he trying to set up.

"I'm him, why are you asking?" I challenged the man.

"You suppose to be the fellow that married that beautiful Jedi too, uh... Juliana, isn't it?" he guessed.

"Jewel, not Juliana," I butted back.

"Isn't that her real name?"

"Yes! It is! No one ever calls her by her real name! Not much anymore!"

He backed off as he questioned another thing about her. Some civilians never give up.

This time, I took my lightsaber out and aimed it at him.

"You proceed walking somewhere else if you knew what was good for you," I growled at him, seeing his fear set in.

The other people around saw me and my lightsaber shining at the man. 

I must have spooked them.

The man ran off, having me put my lightsaber away and turn back to the city. 

I knew what I had to do.

♥︎ Hey, I'm surprised to how many reads this book is getting. I'd expected a few, but not almost 10K soon! ♥︎

Thank you all so much for this to happen. I did had something in mind to do ever since I made this.

Since 10K is coming soon, if it happens before this weekend (5/25/20) and I do hit it, I did see a comment that made me curious to do a smut chapter.

Thoughts on this? Any other suggestions I can do?