CHAPTER XIV. investigation

♥︎ || chapter 14. investigation

this marks the start of where episode 2 begins. enjoy.

༝̩̩̥͙ ༝̩̩̥͙ Episode 2. Attack of the Clones ⊹༝̩̩̥͙ ༝̩̩̥͙

∞ ₒ ˚ 22 BBY ˚ ₒ ∞

It has been a decade since we lost Master Qui-Gon, and everything has changed since then. The assistance the Gungans provided and the support received during that time in Naboo undoubtedly made an impact. All this time there have been more changes than what I can consider.

Particularly how Obi-Wan and I have been since then. Our relationship showed significant improvement, especially at the beginning. Now that the two of us were Jedi Knights, growing older together while still deeply in love (privately still). Anakin had been under Obi's guidance as Padawan, while I haven't had the opportunity to experience mentoring someone. I remained dedicated to comprehending the abilities that Master Windu continued to impart to me, despite my elevated rank and the enigmatic nature of the Force.

Obi-Wan continued to treat me as if I hadn't changed, constantly reminiscing about our past adventures and filling the remaining moments of any festivities we managed to find time for. To first not realizing we knew each other as younglings, to then growing closer together as Padawans, and now... It seemed like our lives had been intertwined to not separate against one another.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends," Chancellor Palpatine expressed his concerns as he sat behind his desk in his office. "More and more star systems are joining the Separatists."

I was with Masters Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Plo Koon along with two red-clad royal guards discussing the bomb that had been aimed at Senator Amidala and the rest of her crew when landing back to Coruscant. It was quite unsettling to learn that she and the rest of her crew had experienced a harrowing ordeal, barely escaping the explosion of their starship.

"If they do break away-" Master Windu began, but Palpatine interrupted him.

"No! I will not let that happen!"

"But if they do, you must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic. We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers." I sense that Master Windu often had to gently remind... Well, not just him but occasionally, the other Jedi, about our sacred duty and the essence of our being.

"Master Yoda, do you think it will really come to war?" Palpatine turned his attention to the Grand Master.

Master Yoda took his moment and directed his thoughts. His eyes closed and taking some moments to process his visions.

"Worse than war, I fear. Much worse," he utters, sensing a bit of urgency for all of us to take considerably.

"What?" "What do you sense, Master?" The others continued disputing while I returned toward the entrance of the office to reflect on who could have been responsible for this.

Over time, my Echo Sense ability has improved significantly and proved invaluable in assisting the Council with various situations. Master Windu took great pride in being recognized for his teachings which have greatly influenced my development. Other Jedi and city folks began to notice me for standing out among the Temple due to my unique qualities.

Padme and her group arrived just in time for the events. She was taken aback by the events that had unfolded, but she found solace in my presence among the others in the room. Captain Typho, Jar Jar, and a handful of others were with Padme as she took a moment's notice to recognize me.