CHAPTER XIX. troops

♥︎ || chapter 19. troops

"Magnificent, aren't they?" Lama Su described with passion while showing the numerous amounts of clones that were presented to us on the balcony.

This was truly the clear value of information to present the Council with.  

"We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host. As a result, they're totally obedient, taking any order without question," Lama Su lingered on.

"Who's the original?" Obi-Wan queried.

"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett. We felt a Jedi would be the perfect choice, but Sifo-Dyas handpicked Jango himself."

"Where's the bounty hunter now?"

"We keep him here. After a few hundred thousand clones, the genetic pattern starts to fade, so we take a fresh supply. He lives here, but he's free to come and go as he please."

Some time brushed past on getting to know this Jango Fett and his intentions. I considered him probably one of the people to hire that bounty hunter to attack Padme. He might have someone to come for me.

"Apart from the pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded one thing. An unaltered clone for himself," Lama Su pronounced.

"Unaltered?" Obi-Wan responded.

"Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile. And no growth acceleration."

"Can we meet this Jango Fett?" Obi-Wan invited.

"I can definitely arrange it for you," Taun We stepped in and announced.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Right now, Obi-Wan and I were staying from one of the rooms escorted to us. We both were diving in on the information upon whom Master Sifo-Dyas did upon his time here. Even myself and the studies I remembered looking through, I'd never heard of Sifo-Dyas come to mind. 

"I've never heard of a Jedi called Sifo-Dyas, have you, Master?" Obi-Wan read my thoughts while conversing to Master Windu and Yoda on his comlink.

"No. Whoever placed that order was not a Jedi, I can assure you," Master Windu answered.

"I have a strong feeling this bounty hunter is the assassin we're looking for," Obi-Wan uttered as he looked at me.

"Who he is working for, discover, you must," Master Yoda implied.

Obi-Wan nodded before turning off his comlink and sinking all this new crowds of declarations we had to deal with. 

"We might as well await until this matter comes," Obi-Wan told me with his trail leading to the bed, sitting himself to keep his attention on me. "What's on your mind, love?" 

I didn't realize from when I was in thought, he returned near where I was. He placed his hands onto my shoulders with him gently rubbing my stress building on me to figure out why did a Jedi went ahead with this business. 

But it wasn't just that. More important matters.

My eyes trailed to the pavement on the floors of the room before turning to him and saying, "That topic you discussed when you came back on Anison. The..."

"Marriage?" Obi-Wan solved.

My head swayed up and down with him bringing my eyes onto his. He kept his smile locked on him, bringing me close for him to embrace me. The rain outside boomed more and more while we kept still in the middle of the room.