CHAPTER X. rejection

♡ || chapter 10. rejection

"No," Master Windu bluntly declared, not moving from his seat. "He will not be trained."

I could feel Anakin's pain from the outcome. Initially, the Council was open to supporting Qui-Gon's progress, but their stance has since shifted. What happened?

"No?!" Qui-Gon's emotions started to stir from this choice. From the corner of my eye, I could have seen Obi-Wan smiling at the results but I couldn't tell if it was actually genuine or not.

"He is too old," Master Windu continued, listing the reasons behind this decision. "There's too much anger in him."

"He's the chosen one! You must see it," Qui-Gon reminded the Council.

"Clouded, this boy's future is," Master Yoda added. "Masked by his youth."

"I'll train him then. I'll take him as my Padawan learner!"

Obi-Wan looked surprised by his master's addressing, not expecting someone like him to defend his position. Anakin watched with happiness to see Qui-Gon standing up for him. My thoughts were confused about what was trying to be attempted here.

"An apprentice you have, Qui-Gon," Yoda corrected the facts. "Impossible, to take a second."

"Obi-Wan is ready," Qui-Gon stated.

Obi felt the need to proceed, so he addressed that he was capable of going through the trials. The Jedi Council looked conflicted with such ways we were making sure everything went our way.

"Headstrong... He has much to learn about the living Force, but he is capable. There is a little more he will learn from me," Qui-Gon declared to the audience.

"This is not the time for this!" Master Windu ordered. "There is so much at stake to think as of now. Obi-Wan is not ready for what is to come next."

Obi's expression faded as he stepped back to where I was, peacefully making my gesture not noticable for Master Windu to be upset with me at this moment since I had been silent. I knew from Master Windu's training that if there are things to be said, you stay quiet and hear everything being told to you.

"There are more events to deal with than a matter of this. Jewel is the one to be training for her trials, not Obi-Wan. On top of this, the Senate is voting for a new Supreme Chancellor. Queen Amidala is returning home, which will put pressure on the Federation, and could widen the confrontation."

"And draw the attacker out," Yoda added.

The Council excused us to head over to Naboo, expose who the identity of the Sith we encountered with. Anakin tagged with us since there wasn't no other good use for him here at the Temple unguarded. Plus, we had to protect the Queen but not intervene if it comes to war until the Senate's approval is passed.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"It is not disrespect, Master, it's the truth," Obi-Wan expressed to his Master. We were out on the landing platform outside the ship. R2 was with Anakin and the rest of us, admiring the city and traffic going by the Jedi Temple.

"From your point of view," Qui-Gon addressed his Padawan.

Anakin felt excluded from the ongoing conversation between the Master and Padawan still bickering about Anakin in front of him. I felt awful knowing Anakin was holding back his thoughts while I crouched to his level.

"Believe me, Anakin. You have the potential to become a Jedi.," I gave a small nod and smiled toward him, hoping he'd at least carry the hope I transpired to him.