CHAPTER XXIX. distraction

♢ || chapter 29. distraction

Traveling through the area was pretty concerning on how much of those scopes were implanted in the soil below me. At least I kept avoiding any detection to assure a sudden surprise on the lab.

Out of nowhere, an explosion came near where Peppi and Ahsoka were still at. They must have done something without following my routine.

One of the scopes locked onto me before I realized and Force pulled it out from the mechanics it was wired in. I felt other scopes nearby, so I decided to make use of getting rid of them all by Force pulling them and tossing them to the trees towering the field.

"Seems like they aren't that clever," I told myself.

There were more stronger insights coming to me before I looked closely and saw a bomb room nearby where I was. 

I took my lightsaber out to cut into the ground, circiling perfectly around before falling into the tunnel filled with lights. Seemed like this was the secret lab Padme and Jar Jar were trying to find.

Some commotion filled the tunnels before sensing Ahsoka and Rex with the other troops that aided her area.

My judgment led me directly to the bomb room after some paces. Seems like this was all a secret plan of some sort.

"Jewel?" I heard Obi-Wan speak from behind me.

I turn and saw him with the troops there. 

"I managed to find the bomb room here instead," I stated. "Surprising, is it?"

"Surprising."

After the short talk, the bombs started to activate and dinged to a countdown. 

How nice.

"Of course. Get these deactivated now," Obi-Wan ordered his troops. "Anakin, I'm guessing you didn't capture the doctor."

"I'm working on it," Anakin said through the comlink. "Do you have the bombs?"

"I'm working on it."

"Dr. Vindi has remotely activated the bombs," I joined in.

"You know his name?" Obi asked me.

"Jewel is there?" Ahsoka peeped in.

"Yes, I'm here. I knew him because of what he did in the past. Lots of history lessons, remember?" I reminded Obi-Wan.

Obi smiled at me with my eye noticing one bomb missing.

"Uh, don't want to ruin the moment, but there's one bomb not here," I informed.

"It's down here somewhere," Anakin said. "Ahsoka, there's another problem. Send all the clones to search the facility. We got a mis-"

My guess was that they must have met up with each other through the tunnels. Obi-Wan stood there in shock still while I questioned where the bomb could be.

"You're more beautiful everyday," Obi reminisced to me swiftly.

"Another flatter amongst yourself, are you dear?" I thought to him.

Obi-Wan kept his grin on himself before I noticed Anakin and Ahsoka splitting up. 

"What's wrong?" Obi requested.

"I think they're trying to find the bomb. Maybe...?"

"Go. It'll be easier with you on their side."

I exited the room before I heard Obi say one more piece.

"Be safe."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

After all of the trouble, we had found the bomb. It was from a little droid that tried to sneak off out of the lab before worse occurred.

"Ahsoka, you there?" I heard Anakin through Ahsoka's comlink.

"I'm here, Master. The bomb has been deactivated," she informed him. "Did you find Vindi?"

"Deactivated as well. Have you seen Padme?"

"She's right next to me. I'm okay, too. Thanks for asking."

"And of Jewel?" Obi joined in.

"I'm present," I informed.

"All safe and sound," Padme assured.

I noticed inside the bomb that even with it deactiviated, a gap was opened to put something inside. We weren't finished just yet.

"Hold on," I grabbed the bomb with care. "Wasn't there suppose to be a vile here?"

"The droid must've taken it," Padme replied. "Sound the alarm!"

After some time breaking off from the others, the alarm went off while I searched for the droid. First guess would be to the bomb room.

I seen the droid put the vile in with the two clones asking what it was doing. It was about to set things into oblivion.

"No!" I shouted before taking off back to where the others remained at.

The blue smoke started stretching to me before I came to a stop and Forced pushed the smoke back as much as I could. My feet traced back through the tunnels to find a room before I would get contaminated.

I jumped into a room and it shut quickly before some of the smoke seeped in and the remaining flowed through the shaft of the lab.

"Ahsoka, what is going on down there?" Anakin asked through the comlink.

"The droids released the virus, but we managed to seal the lab," she answered.

"And Padme?"

"Haven't heard from her since the bomb."

"Jewel too?" Obi-Wan barged in.

"She left to go get the bomb before it went off, but she's not back with us."

"What?!" Obi-Wan expressed with worry.

"I'm all right," I joined in the conversation. "I managed to get in a room before the virus seeped out. I'm held off until the time being. I don't want to cause more concern if I leave unattended."

"Be careful. We'll see if Padme and Jar Jar can get you all out," Anakin informed us.

The conversation stopped before I sat up and continued breathing steadily to not make myself feel worse. There's been worse situations. I've managed to deal with more corrupt than just this.

"I should be helping you," Obi-Wan connected to me from where he was in thought.

"I don't want to come in contact with you. It's too dangerous in the tunnels."

"Are you saying?"

"Yes, Obi. I came into contact with it."

He stayed silent for a brief moment, making my heart rush as I thought he wasn't going to respond. He might've been trying to figure something out. There had to be a vaccine to aid me if I did contract it.

"I don't care. You're alone and I can't do anything to help you. If that means I have to get it too, I'm still looking for you."

"And risk your life for mine?"

"I'd do it in a heartbeat, darling."

"You really do care..."

"When have I ever not cared about you?"

Oh Obi and your clever words.

"We'll get you out. I promise."