CHAPTER XI. war

♡ || chapter 11. war

Jar Jar had returned from Otoh Gropa with his worry going through the roof

Jar Jar had returned from Otoh Gropa with his worry going through the roof. He hurried over to us as his panic was taking over his words, explaining what happened.

"Dare-sa nobody dare," he delivered while exiting the lake, shaking and looking back. "All gone. Some kinda fight, I tink. Sorry, no Gungas... no Gungas."

"Do you think they were taken to the camps?" Captain Panaka suggested.

"More likely they were wiped clean," Obi-Wan spoke, folding his arms over his chest.

"No...mesa no tink so. Gungan hiden. When in trouble, go to a sacred place. Mackineeks no find them dare," Jar Jar insisted.

"Do you know where they are?" Qui-Gon joined in the conversation.

He seemed to know, so we continued onward with him leading the group onward. It sort of felt awkward to be in this position, but I kept myself focused and looking around in case something may have came in the element of surprise.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

The group arrived at the Grand Temple with the other Gungans Jar Jar knew would be there. There were a lot of refugees among them. Queen Amidala requested the King help us because more droids and people would be sacrificed.

"I am Queen Amidala of the Naboo," Padme confesses, stepping beside the "Queen" Amidala. "This is my decoy. My protection...my loyal bodyguard."

Anakin appeared taken aback by the striking resemblance between the two. It was a clever decision to have a decoy for any situation. Even I had been a little surprised by this.

"I am sorry for my deception, but under the conditions, it has become necessary to protect myself. Although we do not always agree, your Honor, our two great societies have always lived in peace. Until now... The Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build. You are in hiding, my people are in camps. If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever. I ask you to help us. No, I beg you to help us," Padme continued as she got to her knees and bowed to the King.

Soon after, people were copying Padme and it seemed to pleased the King. If this had to be done, we had to comply too.

"Seems like there's going to be a lot of fun, isn't there?" Obi-Wan Force thought out to me as he got on one knee.

"Seems so," I returned the thought through the Force, smiling and hiding it before looking down at the ground.

His smile became restrained as he glanced downward, while everyone in the group respectfully bowed to the King. The other Gungans were thrown aback by this and the King began laughing and jeering at this.

"Yousa no tinken yousa greater den da Gungans. Mesa likes dis. Maybe wesa bein friends," the King spoke highly.

It seemed like things were getting better.

For now.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Right now, Jar Jar was on his own quest while the rest of us headed to the main hangar to rid the droid army. It would be easy to knock out their ships bypass the ray shields and destroy the communications.

My senses heightened as one of the droid troops spotted us and began firing. The blasters arrived at a rapid pace, surpassing the speed of their other weapons. Fortunately, I had my saber in hand and swiftly began deflecting them. Padme and the others were skillfully retaliating to bolster my defense.

"Get to your ships!" Padme shouted as the pilots darted out from cover in the Main Hangar. 

Anakin hid by one of the ships along with R2 there. It seemed like our friend was guiding Anakin safely as more battle droids appeared and fired at us. It didn't take long before they were eradicated in sight.

After the disturbance, Captain Panaka came over and rejoined with the rest of us.

"My guess is the Viceroy is in the throne room," Padme suggested.

"I agree," Qui-Gon replied.

We all started to head to the doors with Anakin calling out to us.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Anakin yells from the fighter, closely stepping out of the fighter..

"Stay where you are, Ani," Qui-Gon ordered him. "Stay right where you are."

"But-!"

"Stay in the ship!"

We approached the exit, and I could sense a powerful presence on the other side. I halted abruptly, urgently warning against opening it, but the wind swiftly rushed past us as the doors swung open. 

The Sith revealed himself. 

In my line of perception stood a striking figure - a Dathomirian with crimson skin, piercing red eyes, and a flowing cape. His presence unsettled Padme and her team, filling them with worry. My vision was as expected.

"We'll handle this," Qui-Gon told Padme and the others as he took his cape off.

Obi-Wan and I gracefully trailed behind Qui-Gon as the rest hurriedly departed the area. I carefully grasped my saber, swiftly igniting it. The brilliant blue hue radiated from my weapon, matching the others who also activated theirs. 

Even the Sith attempted to mimic our elegant display. The Sith's red saber gleamed with a commanding presence, indicating his mastery of the dual saber style. This Sith must have quick agility and finesse if he had to wield a double-sided lightsaber. 

But not so entirely.

Qui-Gon quickly pivoted his saber at the Sith, catching the two sabers together as Obi-Wan and I went around to attack. The four of us swiftly changed sceneries over to the central hangar with Padme and her team far from where we were.