CHAPTER XXX. clueless mind

♢ || chapter 30. clueless mind

It had been a while since the brief catching up. The others must have been trying to evading the virus hitting them, which was safe. I knew in my circumstance, it wouldn't go in that precise manner.

"Jewel? Are you there?" I heard Padme call through the comlink.

"Present and lively," I uttered.

"We managed to find Ahsoka and everyone else, but where are you exactly?"

"I managed to go in one of the chambers from the bomb room nearby. I'll make it work still. Find some weird spiraling going on with the smoke and you'll find me."

I ended the call and started tracing to the door to Force collect the smoke from outside to spin it around for a period of time. The small crack under the door managed to get a better hold of things, but I could tell it would probably start the process of affecting me shortly after.

After what felt like some time, Padme found me and opened the door suddenly. She didn't seem to realize from her actions, the smoke fill in where I was before her expression changed heavily to a frightful state.

"Jewel! I'm sorry, but-" she began but I acknowledged her apology.

"It's all right. There hopefully is some cure to this," I said. "We need to get out of here."

"Ahsoka and the others managed to travel the south corridor, and I'm taking the north."

"I'll follow along."

Padme led me with Jar Jar and some troopers. I had figured by now, everyone would be safe from the lab but there were still numerous counts of life under here. 

My ears caught some noises coming from nearby. Almost like if someone was slicing something with a lightsaber. Couldn't be Ahsoka.

"I think they're close," I pointed out to the others before turning the corner. 

Nope. Only more droids.

Padme opened fire before the others started shooting down the droids there was. I took my lightsaber out and deflected the shots coming toward us, parrying them until there weren't any nearer.

Ahsoka and her group met up with us thereafter, sensing her relief of seeing our faces with how pale she had turned. The others with her weren't doing much better than her, judging on how much insight I picked up on looking upon them.

"Come on, there's probably more around here!" Ahsoka motioned before leading ahead. The rest of us followed after to see if any more droids were trying to flee from the place. 

It was important to get rid of them all before any of this virus got out and corrupted the whole planet.

Or worse.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Seemed like this place was scarce top to bottom. It didn't provide any better circumstances either with Padme contracting the virus too from what Jar Jar tried to help take down a Droideka. 

We managed to find more droids on another exit trying to flee.

"There they are!" Ahsoka pointed with them sawing through the door above.

Ahsoka handled the two before I sensed her almost passing out. She wasn't holding it in much longer than what Padme and I had dealt with. She was a bit shorter than I was, but even with her petite capacity still learning, she couldn't maintain avoiding this smoke surrounding us. 

"I'm all right," she announced while all of us questioned so.

"We need to inform the others about what the situation is right now," Padme informed.

Ahsoka took her comlink out to ask what the others were trying to do to help us while I pretended to scout ahead. This gave me an opportunity to quickly contact Obi-Wan again to see if he had forgot about me.

"I haven't forgotten you one bit, love," I heard Obi-Wan connect to me in thought.

"Everyone is not in a good position right now," I replied back in spirit.

"We're delicately working on the situation to get you all out. I promise, you'll be okay."

My smile grew a tad before I felt lightheaded to see my vision becoming grey. I sensed myself not being able to withstand this with my body treading on the wall behind me.

"I love you. I'm sorry..." I thought to him before landing on the ground, shaking my head to stay awake.

"Are you all right, Master Kell?" Rex asked me as he came over to me.

"Yes," I spoke to him. "Listen, we best not think negatives right now. I assume Obi-Wan and Anakin are getting the antidote?"

"From what it looks like," Padme said. "Let's hope they get us out soon."

Obi's voice tried to speak to me before I felt weaker by each second with my eyes reaching shut.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

It was peaceful. 

Nothing was happening.

No war. 

Nothing.

My eyes focused on the city of Coruscant, glancing at the occupied city with the sun radiating the orange around it all. Quite beautiful and magnificent to witness.

But that wouldn't top him.

My back connected with Obi-Wan hugging me with a gentle care. His head resting on mine with his fingers tracing gingerly over my stomach.

It couldn't be...

Was I...?

"I love you, dear," his voice trinkled to my ears. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"You mean us?" I asked, turning to him.

"Yes, all three of us."

I had not realized his robes had changed. He certainly looked older than what I recognized, yet he still carried the same personality I knew from the start. His hair wasn't parted like he always had it put before, but his beard remained still.

I couldn't tell if I had different clothing on either. Maybe I did, or I wore his belongings.

He placed a kiss on my head before leading to my lips, gently switching his position to hold me like always.

Was this really a dream? 

Or was this leading to a reality?