Father -Beorn

(This is from the post I made about asking you guys to give me a character and a word for me to make a story out of. This is requested by @kristinpawz on Tumblr!I hope you like it and I hope you enjoy! 💕)

He looked at your tear-stained face. Then his gaze went to his hand that you placed on your stomach. His hand trembled as your words echoed in his head.

Your tears were filled with joy, but they also had fear in them. You await his reply. You were afraid he would take the news differently. You were afraid he would say something negative about your news. You were afraid because he had been silent for a while now.

His expression was unfathomable. But you knew he was shocked. His eyes remained wide and his entire body frozen except for his trembling hand. You wanted to say something, but you knew you needed to give him time to process things.

He looked back at you and tried to see if there was any hint of lie in your words. But he found none. Reality began to sink in.

Long ago there were many of his kind. But now he was the only one. He lived in solitude for a long time. But when you came along, he found a companion, a friend, a lover, a wife. He knew there would come a time when this would happen but it didn't really occupy his mind that much. He was already happy just being with you and having the two of you fill the house with love and joy.

But now instead of two, there will be three of you now.

Suddenly his mind was filled with thoughts of a little one in your arms. A little one carried by you to greet him as he comes home. A little one listening to your bedtime stories and settling down between the two of you. A little one kissing the both of you good night.

A little one that will continue his bloodline.

A little one that will tie you and him closer than ever.

He lived in solitude for a long time. He had thought he would live like that until he ceases breathing.

He had never expected to have a family of his own.

You were waiting for his response when tears began to fall from his eyes. They run down his cheeks and you rushed to wipe them away. Your touch seemed to jolt him back to reality and he captured your hand in his.

"Say it again," he said, almost pleaded. "Say it again, (Y/N)."

You smiled as he reached out to wrap his arms around you, placing you on his lap. You held his face gently and pressed your forehead against his.

"I am with a child, Beorn. You are going to be a father."