Ses mains -Frodo Baggins

(Requested by a friend on Tumbr: Hii♡ can i request something platonic between reader and Frodo that ends on a "oh maybe I like her more than a friend !" note ? I hope I explained it well;;; I don't want to add much details I absolutely adore your way of writing already and I know you'll make it awesome once again !!!🧡

Author's Notes: Hiiiii! Really sorry this took a while to write 😭 was trying to fix some things. But okay imma say it again, I just love this idea so much wkdkakcow bibiiiii Frodo aghhh my heart. Also I'm reminded by that time when I realized I had a crush on someone before. I didn't like the guy at all and only viewed him as a friend but then he wasn't at school one day and I asked where he was and at that moment something just clicked and I'm like, srsly I have a crush on him??? 😂 lol that crush ended quickly, my love life is a failure

Warnings: none)

There was something different today.

But Frodo couldn't put his finger on it.

To be fair, nothing was out of the ordinary today. You were being you and Frodo was being him and your friends were being them. And by that you were all once again in Farmer Maggot's, trying to take his mushrooms and turnips and some of his corn and other crops. You were all running away, hoping not to get caught, but at the same time loving the thrill of the uncertainty that your pace started to slow down. Not slow enough to get caught but slow enough for you all to still laugh and shout at one another.

With turnips in one hand, Frodo ran through the corn that loomed over all of you. Somewhere amidst this cornfield were Merry and Pippin—he was sure because he could hear them bickering about their share of mushrooms. And in front of him was you, carrying some corn, giggling and cursing when your skirt or hair got stuck on something.

"You better hurry up, (Y/N)," Frodo said, chuckling as you huffed and complained about all the corn that existed. "We don't want to get caught!"

You shot him a look, not completely turning your head to face him, and stuck your tongue out. "Oh shush, dear Frodo, or you won't get any corn from me!"

As you two continued to squabble, you failed to notice that Merry and Pippin's voices were becoming more distant. You kept on walking, desperate to get out of the cornfield. And when you saw that there were no more corns and that there was a dirt road ahead, you cheered and hurried forward.

But the moment your feet touched the road, you blinked and looked back at Frodo.

"Where's Merry and Pippin?" you asked.

Frodo blinked back. He then shrugged.

You groaned. After looking around to see where you were, you groaned again and said, "I am blaming you for getting us lost."

"Me?" Frodo shook his head and started to walk, following the road. "You were the one leading. I was only following you."

"Well if you didn't distract me then we could have heard them and we could have followed them," you retorted. "Countless times we have visited Farmer Maggot and I have never been lost, Frodo Baggins."

Frodo stopped and waited for you to catch up to him before continuing to walk. You had to admit that even with his mischievous behavior and witty remarks, Frodo was quite a gentleman (or rather a gentlehobbit). You mentally praised his parents for that. He matched his pace with yours and the two of you walked side by side, cradling the crops you took.