Malakas -Glorfindel

(Requested by anon on Tumblr: Hi!! May I resquest a oneshot, or headcanon, where glorfindel and reader are sleeping together (she is sleeping on top of him) when she flops down on the floor?

Author's Notes: Hi anon! I did consider making this a headcanon but I felt like I wouldn't be able to write it properly and I'm still trying to be decent at headcanons qjdwmfkwjdj but anyway I hope you like this! This is what I got from your request. Also I included way more information than I should have, goodness I read the whole Fall of Gondolin part in the Silmarillion. Please correct me if I got info wrong. And the Sindarin word for ouch also meant honeycomb and I don't know why, someone tell me why

Enjoy!

Warnings: none)

A vast chamber in the far end of a corridor could be found in the west wing of the house in Imladris. It was one of the biggest chambers in the house, next to the rooms owned by the Lord and Lady of Rivendell and their children. The view outside the windows in that room had a lovely view of the valley and was quite near to the waterfalls, giving off a serene atmosphere that was suitable for a place to retire to from a busy day.

The room was furnished with chairs and desks and cabinets that had been carved with the most intricate of designs. Flowers of different colors brightened up the place. Random items like a sword hung up on a wall, papers strewn across a desk, books left open and on untidy stacks, and clothes thrown over the arms of the chairs added character to the chamber.

It was perfect and one would wish to stay there or know more about the people who occupied it.

But there was something that completely irked you.

And that was the rather small bed in the room.

You sighed, arms crossed across your chest as you gazed at it while you stood at the foot of the bed. Your husband tilted his head, trying to decipher what was bothering you.

"My love, are you alright?" he asked, sitting up. He had already lied down and was waiting to finally cuddle with you after a long day. "You seem troubled."

"We need a bigger bed, Glorfindel," you answered, sitting down beside him and melting in his arms.

He drew you closer to him as you both lied down. And soon enough you were both in your usual position when going to sleep—you on top of him with your head resting on his chest and with his arms around your waist. Glorfindel loved feeling your weight on top of him. It felt like a blanket, warm and comforting. And you loved it too, because Glorfindel would hold on to you tightly and you felt safe in his arms.

You both started sleeping like this when Glorfindel was given the chance to come back to Middle Earth.

You were there, trying to run to safety when Gondolin was attacked. You knew it would do no good to Glorfindel if he had to think of you constantly while he fought to keep the people safe. But you couldn't help but continuously look back at him and make sure he was alright.

But as you made your way through and out of the secret passage that Idril had made and through the treacherous pass, orcs ambushed you and with them was a Balrog. Great terror filled your hearts but your beloved chose to fight. Before your very eyes he fell with the Balrog and before your very eyes he was retrieved from the abyss by Thorondor and buried beside the pass under a mound of stone.

You nearly lost all will to live, especially when, after years had passed, the last and cruellest of kinslaying happened, only narrowly escaping death. When Gil-galad came, you and the few numbers who survived went with him to Balar. For hundreds of years you stayed in Middle Earth, refusing to sail like the others did. When Elrond went with Gil-galad, you took it upon yourself to look after him and help him in any way you can. You considered Idril and her son Eärendil as family and that love for them extended to Elrond and Elros.