Ici et Là-bas pt. 2 -Thorin Oakenshield

(Requested by : Can I request a Thorin fic (can be a multi-parter) about him and the Reader being childhood sweethearts and each other's besties? While he is a prince, R is the daughter of the King's Royal Guard Captain. She is not your typical dwarrowdam, however. She is smart, incredibly funny, adventurous, but at the same time pretty quiet, considerate of others, no-nonsense, and far more sensitive than she lets on. Instead of learning how to be a housewife (sewing and crafting jewellery), she prefers learning about politics, weaponry, and diplomacy. After Smaug's attack, her and Thorin are the ones who essentially lead their people the Blue Mountains (and in general as well after the Battle of Moria)

Author's Notes: this is part 2 of the request. I'm really sorry I couldn't add more to this, especially the future image of them and their children I-- *cries a river*

also I'm not familiar with Khuzdul sooooo please correct me if there's anything to be corrected

Warnings: none)

For a month you continued to train the new recruits before letting the others handle the task of teaching them. Since the day you had shot an arrow after a young dwarf questioned your abilities, no one doubted your skills. In fact you gained more admiration and respect. They also learned that you were not only skilled in archery but also in wielding swords. And they nearly begged to have you as their teacher for a whole year when they learned from your father that you were the one who made your own weapons and armor.

It was your last day of handling this group of dwarves. You had to stop teaching because you were tasked by the King to meet with the elves in his stead (even though they had disputes, they still tried to maintain diplomacy and trade). The training ended at noon and everyone was asking you for more tips before Thorin came to fetch you for lunch. When he arrived, he quickly pulled you away from the others and the two of you walked down the corridors, farther away from the places heavily filled with other dwarves. You then found yourselves in a balcony with the most magnificent view of the lake and, in the distance, Dale. It was a place where you and Thorin could hide from observing eyes and forget your duties.

After eating, Thorin wrapped his arms around you from behind as you looked at the lake and the sky. He placed his chin on your shoulder and sighed in bliss. You smiled and pressed your forehead against his temple.

"Do you think it would be best if I made a bigger bead for your courting braid?" he asked.

You chuckled. "You know I am only yours," you said.

Thorin frowned. "I could still lose you. There might be someone out there who could make you happier than I ever could."

Shaking your head, you faced him and cupped his cheeks. He closed his eyes, leaning against your touch. When you placed a kiss on his lips, a hand came to rest on the back of your neck while the other stayed on the back of your waist. You tried to convey your feelings and how much you loved him through that kiss and Thorin seemed to understand. He returned it with equal fervor and maybe even more.

Thorin loved you so much, more than precious stones and gold in this world. And this love ran deep because in the years he had seen you grow, he knew all of your flaws and insecurities and your thoughts and opinions. Thorin felt the pull that told him you were his One, but even before all that he already you knew that he was ready to give his heart to you.

You pulled away, albeit reluctantly, and softly gasped for air. Your eyes fluttered open and you saw Thorin looking at you with such an intense gaze. Most of the time he hid his emotions and guarded them well. But with you it was so easy to be himself. And he wanted to show you all his feelings.