Humaling -Thranduil

(Author's Notes: You cannot stop me from writing for this elf that I literally fell in love with the moment I saw him. I was all over Legolas but then I saw this perfection and I was like I NEED TO KNOW WHO THIS IS BUT I STILL LOVE YOU LEGOLAS I JUST NEED TO LOVE THIS ELF TOO

Also who are those reading this who are in South Africa? My statistics say there is like 2% coming from South Africa let me know because I may be a Filipino but I currently live in South Africa too!

Warnings: none, this is fluff because I wrote angst for him on my previous one-shot)

"Where on earth have you been?" you shrieked as your husband and son finally entered your chambers. Your temper rose when they came still wearing their hunting clothes and muddy boots.

"Darling, do not worry so much," Thranduil said, moving to capture you in his arms. You try to move away but he already had you in his embrace after closing the distance between you. "Legolas and I wandered around the woods for a bit, like you asked us to do once in a while."

Legolas nodded, your 2,000 year old son sitting on your bed with a smile on his face as he watched his parents with a soft look in his eyes. "We did not go too far into the forest, Nana," he said, helping his father find a way out of your scolding.

"That is not why I was asking," you groaned. "I have no problem with the two of you running off to spend some time together but for goodness' sake, you could have picked another time to do that. You both are still not dressed properly!"

Your son blinked, completely clueless. "Is there an important occasion, Nana?"

Before your jaw dropped in disbelief, Thranduil removed his arms around you and immediately went into your shared closet. He began removing his tunic and looking through his selection of clothes. Legolas, who did not need to be told that it was indeed an urgent matter, ran out of the room to change as well (although he still cannot remember what the occasion today was).

You sighed, turning to look at your husband. Trying to hold back your laughter at the panic evident on your husband's face, you placed a palm on his bare back and pushed him away from the closet. He yelped and shuddered at your touch. Before you could completely push Thranduil away to help him get ready, he turned to face you.

His hands captured yours. You looked up with a questioning look.

"'Your hands are cold," he said, pressing a kiss on your fingers.

You could not help but give him a fond smile as he tried to bring back some warmth onto your hands. With a blissful sigh, you took your hands back and pushed him out of the closet. Thranduil was about to protest when he saw the clothes that you had already hung up, ready for him to wear.

It was one of his most exquisite clothes. His moonlight silver colored coat had a high open collar and it accentuated his neck. You picked it because to you to it drew your attention from his shoulders up, and it added to how Thranduil wanted to look whenever there are visitors—intimidating. A new pair of dark pants was folded on the chair next to the tunic. On top of the pants were his rings and his other jewellery. You picked ones with gems that had colors which went well with his clothes just to add more color to his wardrobe.

"I also prepared Legolas' clothes," you said. You handed him first a tunic which he will wear underneath the exquisite coat. He immediately wore it. While he was changing to his pants and putting on his boots, you took the coat and held it gingerly in your hands. "I knew if I waited for the two of you to arrive, we would all be late and you would be in a sour mood. And we do not want that for we want to welcome our guests properly and warmly."

When Thranduil was done, you held out the coat to him. He slipped his arms into the sleeves and when the coat was on his shoulders, you moved in front of him and helped him with the closures. You also helped him put on his other jewellery, including the piece that sat on his chest with its branches and thorns that are akin to antlers and the trees of Mirkwood.

As you worked on making Thranduil presentable, he looked down at you with a fond gaze. A soft smile made its way to his lips. He absolutely did not know what he would do without you. Thranduil loved how you did everything with love and care (even though he could see in your face that you were still quite annoyed at him and Legolas). Your nimble fingers finished working on the jewellery and you moved to get the crown sitting on your dressing table while he put on his rings.

Thranduil made sure that his wedding ring was the most noticeable of them all.

He then leaned down a little bit for you to put on his crown. Once it was settled nicely on his head, you let out a sigh and smoothed out any wrinkles on his clothes.

"You say that you want us to welcome our guests warmly, but these clothes do not give off that feeling," Thranduil teased, winding his arms around your waist and pulling you close to him. "Nor do yours, for your dress and your jewellery and your crown resembles mine in color and design."

Rolling your eyes, you smirked at him and said, "You are not Thranduil anymore if you do not try and intimidate everyone who decides to step foot onto our realm. And I am not your wife if I do not help you achieve such endeavors.

"Besides, we have the right to look as intimidating as we can be. We have defended our forests valiantly. We are as strong as the trees that surround and hold our homes. We are as strong as the rocks and stones in which we decided to take refuge in. We are intimidating for we have seen and lived near the shadows, and yet we still shine and persevere."

Thranduil could not nor would he even attempt to hide his love and fondness for you. He caressed your cheek with the back of his hand. You closed your eyes and smiled at his touch.

"Do you know how much I love you?" whispered Thranduil.

"I know, because I know how much I love you." You placed a kiss on his lips. "But I cannot put it into words for I do not think words would be enough."

The two of you shared loving smiles but your moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Still in Thranduil's arms, you both turned to see Legolas by the door. He grinned and you both mirrored your son's expression.

"I see that it is not only you that I match clothes with—it is the whole family," Thranduil said, chuckling. An arm remained on your waist as you walked to the door. His other arm settled on Legolas' shoulder and the three of you walked to the throne room.

"Nana had it all planned," Legolas added.

You shook your head in amusement. "You both could have had a say in your wardrobe if only you got home earlier."

"I shall remember next time. Maybe I can be the one to coordinate our outfits?"

Legolas groaned. "Do not talk of next time when I still do not know what the occasion is today!"

Humaling

—(Filipino; Philippines)

Meaning: extreme fondness; fascination