Nananaginip ng Gising -Legolas

(Author's Notes: this is inspired by the songs "If I Could Ride A Bike by Chevy" and "Glass Wall" by Hatsune Miku/GuitarHeroPianoZero. Just inspired, the meaning of the songs are quite different from what I have written but nevertheless it ended with me cradling my sad heart wjdkakdk it's been a long time since I wrote for Legolas so I took a break from writing requests

Also I published a part before this asking you guys whether I should make a fanfic for Legolas or Elrond. Check it out if you're interested! I'm not sure if I'm indeed going to make one because I'm still trying to think of how to make it all work but we'll seeee

Warnings: angst)

"Don't you wish we could go and discover a place only we will ever know?" you whispered.

There was something peaceful about where you were at that moment. Situated underneath the canopy of green leaves on the mossy forest floor, leaning against a tree trunk with a wicker basket full of sweet delicacies beside you. The sunlight that managed to peak through the leaves made beautiful patterns on the ground and the birds chirped up in the trees. When the occasional wind blew, the rustling of the leaves joined in and it was as if the forest was playing music just for the two of you.

There was nothing wrong if you raise your voices—there was nothing to fear for the evil had been chased away.

But it felt right to whisper to each other, to let the tranquility stay.

He rested his cheek on top of your head which was on his shoulder and sighed in bliss. "Would you rather not visit places already marked on maps? You have not gone to every single one of them," he said.

"Indeed I have not," you answered, "but it would only mean that more people will come and go. If we found somewhere only we know, we could go there if we want to have time to ourselves. Also wouldn't it be nice to have a little secret only we knew?"

The elf chuckled and placed a kiss on your temple. You scrunched your nose at him and he let out a laugh before claiming your lips with his. For a few moments you shared a kiss—a kiss that was sweet and slow and provided comfort and assurance of your love for one another.

When he pulled away, he cupped your cheek and smiled. "(Y/N)?" he muttered.

He watched lovingly as a bright smile formed on your lips. His heart never ceased to swell with so much joy whenever he sees that smile on your face.

"What is it, Legolas?" you asked.

"I love you."

No matter how many times you've heard it from him, it never failed to make your cheeks turn red. But you were used to it and so you didn't avert your gaze. You beamed at him and answered, "I love you too."

Legolas then settled you on his lap. He wound his arms around your waist and placed his chin on your shoulder. Fiddling with your fingers, the joy on his face began to fade. Soon it was replaced with a melancholic look. You mirrored it and heaved a sigh.

"What would life be like with you if I didn't have to go?" you said, voice laced with sorrow.

"It would be like living in a fairytale, like the ones you tell me of. And we would live our happily ever after."

Legolas buried his face in the crook of your neck. You knew he was holding back a sob. A tear escaped your eye and ran down your cheeks. You pursed your lips, afraid that if you cried your heart would break in to pieces.

"Call my name again?" you said, voice barely a whisper.

When Legolas pressed his lips to your ears, you closed your eyes.

"(Y/N)."

"(Y/N). (Y/N)!"

You blinked rapidly, disoriented by the change of surroundings. To you there had been a change, but in truth there had been none.

You had been sitting in your classroom, looking out of the window and lost in your own thoughts once more.

Your friend pouted at you. "You've been daydreaming again," they said. "Come on or we'll be late!"

"Alright, alright."

You gathered your things as your friend went ahead. You stacked your notebooks and textbooks into one pile so you could carry them. But when your hands touched a particular book that lay open, you stopped and pursed your lips.

'Legolas watched them for a while with a smile upon his lips, and then he turned to the others. "The strongest must seek a way, say you? But I say: let a ploughman plough, but choose an otter for swimming, and for running light over grass and leaf or over snow-an Elf."'

Your eyes land on your laptop's screen and it took you a few minutes before you could look away.

Closing the laptop shut, you carried your things with you and tried to catch up with your friend. You try your best to snap back to reality but a part of your mind still goes back to the world you had built in your head.

Back to where he was.

Back to where you could only go when you daydream.

Nananaginip Ng Gising

—(Filipino; Philippines)

Meaning: lit. Dreaming while awake, Daydreaming