Above -Glorfindel

(Requested by anon: Hi!! Can I request a one-shot of glorfindel x reader having some family bonding time with their children?

Author's Notes: another request that took some timeeee hngghhhh I do hope you like it!

Some things to take note of. Let's just say that Glorfindel's golden hair is some kind of special shade that it doesn't compare to any shade of blonde that we know. Let's just assume that. Cause he is extra and fabulous.

The names for the children—oh goodness the names. I am awful at making names! I just took the words Menel, Ithil, and Anor and slapped usual suffixes at the end to make it into a name. My brain can't handle this. Also the title of this is related to the meanings of the names of reader and Glorfindel's sons

Meneldir is nearly of age. I read that elves are full grown when they reach a hundred years old so that's what I meant with nearly of age. I went with that.

Also I read Glorfindel was sent back to Middle Earth to aid Gil-galad and Elrond?? Pls correct me if I'm wrong. So I just assumed that in the Last Alliance he went with the two and helped in some way.

I do hope you enjoy this!!

Warnings: none, I think it's all good)

"Ah, once again I see the reason why I have this annoyance towards your father."

There was a dramatic gasp. "What have I done to cause you to feel such feelings, my love?"

You rolled your eyes and pushed yourself up to a sitting position. On the bed sat four ellyn looking at you with innocent faces, although the eldest of them was currently pouting at you. They had all gathered on the bed and lightly shook you in your sleep to wake you up. Albeit successful in waking you up, they failed to do it in the most peaceful manner. Instead they plopped themselves on the bed and proceeded to talk in loud voices before placing a gentle hand on your shoulder and shaking your figure.

And that was how your day started, with your husband and your three sons looking at you with trays in their hands—they had brought breakfast for all of you.

"There is not a single (hair color) lock on their heads, Glorfindel. And that annoys me," you said.

"But you said you wanted a little Glorfindel running around when we got married."

"I didn't expect to get three. One Glorfindel is already difficult to handle." You placed kisses on your sons cheeks. "Now what made you bring breakfast here?"

Anordir, who was by now nearing two hundred and fifty years old, smiled and said, "We thought it would be lovely to spend the entire day with you and Ada. Ithilion and I have been away with Elrohir and Elladan too much that we were worried you would forget our faces."

Ithilion, Anordir's twin, nodded and placed a hand on their younger brother Meneldir, who was nearly of age. "Although I doubt Nana would have forgotten how we looked like when people say the three of us look so much like Ada," Ithilion said, rolling his eyes.

Glorfindel gathered his sons in his arms for he loved to do so ("Soon enough you'll be pushing me away and you won't be asking for hugs so I am going to do this as much as I can!") and suddenly there was a lot of shouting and whining.

"Have I told you how much I adore the three of you?" Glorfindel cooed.

"Ada, might I remind you that I am holding bowls of soup!" Meneldir exclaimed.

"And I am holding your favorite dessert—I will throw this away." Ithilion stared at Glorfindel with narrowed eyes.

You laughed, wiping away tears that formed in the corner of your eyes. "They did get your looks but they certainly took after my personality when it comes to dealing with you."

As the three placed the trays down on a table in your room, you and Glorfindel watched them with loving gazes. You both sat on the edge of the bed with your head resting on his shoulder and his arm around your waist.

You and Glorfindel have been together for so long, having met in Gondolin and courting for some time. But the wedding did not happen until the Third Age rolled in. Even when Glorfindel returned to Middle Earth after his death, war was knocking on your doorstep and elves preferred to celebrate such lovely things in times of peace. So you waited and waited while he and the others went off to war, hoping that they come back alive and with good news.

You married a few decades after Elrond and Celebrian did and like the Lord and Lady of Rivendell, you were blessed with twins. And after more than a century, you had another son.

Looking at your children made you remember just how much you've gone through and endured. Plenty of times you thought that you would never have a glimpse nor a taste of this so-called happy ending, especially during those days you spent in Middle Earth facing the fact that Glorfindel was indeed gone. During those times, even the thought of getting married seemed impossible.

But there you were now, golden rings sitting on your fingers with three children that made your days brighter. You have watched them grow into who they are now and will continue to watch them grow into who they want to be.

This family was worth all the waiting that you and Glorfindel did.

"(Y/N)?" Glorfindel whispered.

You looked at him and raised your eyebrows. "What is it, my love?"

His hand held yours and he brought it up to his lips so he could press a kiss on your knuckles. Looking into his eyes you could see such strong emotions—there was so much love and joy and fondness and gratefulness in them and you knew you mirrored them in your own.

"Thank you," said Glorfindel.

"For what?"

"You could have given up when I fell and died. You could have given up when you faced the reality that you could lose me again when we went to war. But you held on and you waited and you still loved me through all that." With a kiss to your forehead, Glorfindel gave you the widest of smiles he could muster. "Thank you."

It was when Glorfindel was wiping away the tears in the corners of your eyes that you both were reminded that you weren't the only ones in the room.

Meneldir scrunched his nose at his parents. "The soup has gone cold," he said while shaking his head.

"I mean, if we don't find love as great as theirs then what's the point?" Anordir said, leaning back with his arms crossed.

Ithilion had his chin sitting on his palm with a smile on his face as he looked at you and Glorfindel. "Are we going to be expecting another sibling soon?"

You grabbed a pillow and threw it towards him which he easily caught.

"We better start thinking of names," Meneldir said. "Something that has to do with stars."

Glorfindel got up and joined his sons around the table. "So that when your mother and I miss the four of you, we could just look up at the sun, the moon, and the stars in the sky?"

When Anordir and Ithilion raised their eyebrows up and down, Glorfindel smirked at you. But that smirk didn't last long because you threw a pillow at him and it hit his face.