Distraction -Legolas

(Author's Notes: Hiiiii this isn't a request. This is what I think is called self indulgent?????? Idk what it's called but I made it for me in some ways. But I still put y/n and stuff since some of you might be going through the same thing that I'm going through.

This is too all of us who got so stressed about something. Wooooo

I'm writing the other requests bit by bit since something is taking up most of my time but once it's all over I'll be writing again and hopefully finish stuff faster. I'm really sorry if it's taking too long!

Warnings: none)

Legolas stood by the door with a worried look on his face. He could tell that you were stressed out by how quiet you've become and how you didn't smile even with all the jokes that were thrown around earlier during lunch.

The tension on your face and shoulders was evident as you sat there on the bed, trying to distract yourself by reading one of your favorite books. You had decided to take a break and try to relax before doing any more work. The last thing you wanted was to burst out crying from all your worrying or snap at someone because of your bottled feelings. You were starting to relax but your mind was still running with thoughts and plans on how to solve a certain problem regarding your work.

As you flipped to another page, Legolas sighed and decided to take matters in his own hands. He walked towards the bed and sat down an arm's length away from you. When you felt the bed dip, you looked up and saw your husband with the brightest smile on his lips. You raised your eyebrows, amused by how he was acting.

"Hello," he said.

"Hi?" you answered. "I thought you were with your father."

"Oh, he had to attend to other things."

"Alright..."

You continued reading, expecting Legolas to lie down and maybe take a nap or do something else. But to your surprise he stood up and sat back down on the bed. When you look up, this time he was only an elbow away from you. Your eyes met and he smiled again, as wide as he did earlier.

"Hello," he said yet again.

Your eyebrows went up higher. "What are you doing, darling?"

"What do you mean? I am sitting down, on this bed, admiring the view that is my beautiful wife." When he started to move his eyebrows up and down, you snorted. Hearing this made Legolas' heart soar—he was able to make you happy.

You smiled before turning back to your book. But truth be told your attention was no longer on the words written on the pages. "Alright..."

You thought it would be the end of it but for the second time Legolas stood up and sat back down again. This time you didn't have to look up to see how close he was. You could see his leg nearly touching yours through the corners of your eyes. His shoulder was a hand away from your shoulder. You chuckled and lifted your head up to find your husband's face still wearing that beautiful smile.

"Hello," he said for the third time.

"Hello to you too, darling," you said. "But you do realize that this bed is big enough for the two of us that we don't have to sit this close to each other?"

"I told you I was admiring the view but I cannot seem to get enough of it. And so I thought it would be better if I took a closer look. I was right!"

Shaking your head in amusement, you watched Legolas rest his chin on his hand and look at you with a dreamy expression. You laughed and turned back to your book.

"Alright..."

This time Legolas didn't have to stand up. He scooted closer to you until your shoulders, arms, and legs touched. You then closed your book and placed it on the bedside table before turning to Legolas. He placed his chin on your shoulder and looked up at you with a smile. It was a smile that was less bright than the ones he had previously given but it was the sweetest smile he could give and would only give to you.

"Hello," he whispered.

You kissed the tip of his nose. "Is it necessary to be this close to admire a view?"

The warmth of having him close beside you warmed your heart as well and his presence made you relax even more. His antics made you forget your problems and you could only focus on him and what he was doing. Legolas felt your body lose all the tension and he cheered quietly to himself.

"I wasn't sure if you were indeed real for you are too ethereal-looking for me to know," he said. "Your beauty surpasses all of what can be found in Middle Earth. I could not convince myself that you are indeed with me and indeed my wife."

"Where do you expect all these compliments will take you?" You moved and placed your arms around his waist. Legolas then tucked your head under his chin, pulling you onto his lap. When the two of you were settled, he placed a kiss on your lips.

He smiled softly and caressed your cheek. "To a few moments of peace and quiet," he answered. "Until you feel better and until you deem yourself ready to face the tasks that need to be done again. So relax, my love. You have the right to step back if you feel overwhelmed."

You blinked back the tears threatening to escape your eyes and buried your face in the crook of his neck. In response he hugged you tighter and you felt safer and more comforted than ever.

"Thank you, Legolas."

"Anything for you, (Y/N)."