The Little Moments That Bring Us Joy -Frodo Baggins

(I thought it would be nice to incorporate some of the little things I find joy in. Sometimes we get so overwhelmed by the bad stuff that's happening in the world, we forget to appreciate the little moments that make us smile. I hope this reminds you of them.)

"What makes you happy?"

"Drinking tea or hot chocolate while wearing your favorite warm clothes or wrapping a blanket around you to fight off the cold, and feeling the warmth come from your throat and chest that then spreads to your entire body."

 "(Y/N), dear, what are you doing?" Frodo called out, sitting near the fireplace with a blanket on his lap. He smiled as he ran a hand over the blanket—it was knitted by you, after all. "Come and sit with me by the fire, darling. It's getting chilly."

"Just a minute!" you called out and Frodo guessed you were in the kitchen. A few minutes later you emerged with two mugs in your hands. "I made tea, love. Perfect for the cold weather."

"That is absolutely a brilliant idea," he said, taking the mug you handed to him with a mutter of thanks. Frodo let the tea cool down a little bit before taking a sip. As the warm liquid ran down his throat, he sighed in relief as he felt his body start to warm up. "You make the best tea, (Y/N)."

You chuckled as you sat down and leaned against him. Frodo put an arm around you and you rest your head on his shoulder. As you pulled the blanket so that it also covered your lap, you said, "Well if I didn't, I think you would have left me for another!"

Frodo rolled his eyes at your banter. "You know that even if you were the worst cook in the entirety of Shire I would still pick you."

You took a sip of your tea/hot chocolate and sighed in bliss as the warmth reached your fingertips. "And why would that be?" you dared ask with a playful smile on your lips.

"Hmm," Frodo hummed, raising his eyebrows and pursing his lips as if in deep thought. He completed the look by even looking up and you laughed and hit him lightly. "Alright, alright!" he chuckled, placing both of your mugs down on the side table and putting both of his arms around you, pulling you closer to him.

"Is it really that difficult to think of reasons why you love me?" you said, looking at him and pushing some of his curls away from his face.

He smiled and took your hand before placing a kiss on your palm. "It is difficult," he said. "Because I have so many reasons and I feel my love for you so deeply that I cannot put them into words. I fear I do not have enough vocabulary to express them as beautifully as you are. And I fear that if I ever tell you some of them, you will think they are the only reasons why I love you. But my darling, you are so much more than words, so much more than comparing you to the things of this world."

His words were warmer than the tea/hot chocolate and warmer than the fire near you. His smile and his eyes hold so much love and you wonder how one can love someone so much without having his heart hurt from holding in all the adoration. And as you think these thoughts, you realize you were also someone who loves with love more than they could handle.

The answer came to you—it did hurt. It did hurt to hold this much love, because as a hobbit you are too small and you are so limited on finding ways to show your adoration. Tears welled up in your eyes and he brushed them away with his thumb.

"Why do you have such a way with words, Frodo?" you murmured, burying your face in his chest as he laughed.

This little moment did not happen often but whenever it did, it made you happy and it made you look forward for the next ones. Now you made sure to have your favorite tea or hot chocolate stocked and bought more cute mugs and all those things brought happiness to you. And seeing you happy and light up in excitement made Frodo happy as well. This little moment you always brought with you and it never failed to make you smile, even when the world turned dark and danger came knocking on your door. It made the days and even years to come bearable.

It made you look forward to something.

It made life worth living.