Tayo Sana Iyon -Thranduil

(Author's Notes: Now that I think about it, the Little Moments #2 that I wrote for Thranduil and this one-shot is kind of the same because the reader paints and stuff. The difference is one is fluff, the other is angst woot woot anyways hope you guys like this isweariwillrightfluffforthranduilagainandididsoyoudonthavetowaitformuchlonger

Warning: angst)

The paintbrush glides across the canvas, leaving colors of emerald green and silver. The background colors did not take away the attention from the main focus of the painting. You made sure they stood out more, with their exquisite tunic and gown and the beautiful crowns resting on their heads. There was no reference for you, but the faces were clear in your mind. You continued to paint, and every little detail that did not escape your notice made it on the canvas.

It was a day you could not forget and you could not help but smile. Everything was perfect, from the flowers that decorated the halls to the warm lights that the candles and lamps around the room provided.

You also could clearly see the gown made out of silk and chiffon embroidered with flowers and leaves in colors of Mirkwood. The tunic, pants, cloak were made to match the color of the gown.

How could you not see them clearly when you were the one who designed those clothes?

Soon you were nearly done with the painting. The only thing left to do was put on the finishing touches. But you were interrupted when the door to your room opened. You swiveled in your seat, paintbrush in hand, just in time to see the King enter.

He was about to say something when he stopped and saw your masterpiece on the easel. His eyes widened and his jaw slackened. You stood up, trying to hide the painting from his sight. But he had already seen it and his heart leaped in joy.

"Thranduil, I did not know you were coming," you said, averting your gaze. If you could just take the canvas out of the room!

Thranduil was obviously not buying your attempts to distract him. "(Y/N), show me the painting."

"But..."

"I want to see it. Please?"

You sighed and stepped aside, a blush on your cheeks. Thranduil walked closer, his eyes on the painting. The moment he got close enough to see the fine details you had done, Thranduil could no longer find the right words to say.

"It is not yet done," you said. "I had been meaning to give it to you after it dries."

His gaze moved to you and you could see his eyes were glassy with tears. You smiled—his reaction told you that the time you spent painting this was worth it.

You were just about to move away to let him look at it even more but you were surprised when an arm pulled you. Before you knew it, you were already in Thranduil's arms. The shock slowly subsided and you were left feeling very warm and safe.

"Thank you," he whispered.

You sighed in bliss. "You are most welcome."

Thranduil stepped back and grinned at you. He walked towards the door but before he left the room, he said, "I shall call her and let her see this painting. She would absolutely love it. I think she would love it more than I do."

You watched him leave with a smile but that smile left your lips once he was gone. You sighed again, but this time it was filled with sadness. Looking back at the canvas, you caressed the face of Thranduil on the painting with sorrow.