White Clover pt. 5 -Thranduil

(Author's Notes: this is getting too long and too confusing someone send help.

To be honest, you guys who leave a like and coment are the ones keeping me going. It's sad to think that not all the people who have previously liked my other one-shots are here to read my other works that I absolutely wanted others to see but I know there are other reasons why. They might not really like reading series or long stories like this or they might not really appreciate this kind of trope. But it's okay. I will keep doing things that make me happy in hopes it brings happiness to other people. I really am sorry though if this sucks

Warnings: None, I included some fluff, I hope you find it fluffy enough I'm sorry if it isn't fluffy enough

Dedication: If you want me to dedicate you the next part, feel free to tell me!)

"(Y/N)?"

A familiar voice was calling out your name. You felt a warm hand touch your shoulder and shake your form softly. You groaned, forcing yourself to open your eyes. Who on this world was trying to wake you up this early in the morning?

"(Y/N), wake up," the voice whispered, clearly amused by how you were squinting your eyes.

When you saw the long strands of silver hair and blue eyes, you quickly sat up and gaped at your visitor. It was Thranduil, in his dark red robe, silver tunic, and dark brown pants. Nothing adorned his head except for his silver locks. He smirked at your surprised face and rolled his eyes.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" you stammered, trying to fix your appearance. You are indeed aware that he is King but you didn't think he'd sneak in to one of his guest's bedroom and wake them up.

"Would you like to go on a walk with me?"

"Thranduil, do you usually go on walks before sunrise?" you asked incredulously. The sky was turning a dark shade of blue—an indication that the sun was starting to rise somewhere—but it was still quite dark outside. And it was also quite chilly.

The King of Mirkwood raised his eyebrows, as if that wasn't a problem or a weird thing to do. You could have accepted it if he went jogging, but do elves even jog for their health?

"Would you like to go on a walk with me?" he asked again, offering his hand for you to take.

You sighed and took it, allowing him to gently pull you up on your feet. You stopped him when he was already pulling you towards the door. When he asked you why you were stopping him, you told him you wanted to grab a cardigan or a coat or even your blanket to protect you from the cold.

Thranduil looked at you for a few moments before shrugging off his dark red robe and putting it around your shoulders. As he secured it on you, he said, "I keep forgetting that Men are more susceptible to the cold than we are."

You thought he would only be leading you on a walk in the caves, maybe even in the garden. But to your astonishment, Thranduil was leading you outside of the caves. His stride was difficult for you to keep up—he was used to walking at the front due to leading other people. You had to jog to match his steps. Thranduil seemed to notice though, because he quickly slowed down and even placed your hand on his arm. It was a way for him to remember that he had a companion.

The two of you followed a path marked by polished stones buried on the ground. You thought you'd have trouble seeing where you were going but the sun was rising rather quickly, lighting up the sky and the forest. Even though you were wishing you were still in bed, you were happy that Thranduil decided to ask you if you would accompany him. There's just something so beautiful about being up and about when everyone is still asleep.