Tahan Na -Thorin Oakenshield

(This is another songfic! The song is titled, you guessed it, Tahan Na by Jason Marvin. I'm just here promoting Filipino songs. If you have any good songs in your native language then message me and I might get inspired to make another oneshot! I would love it if you send songs other than English ones. While English does bring us together because we can understand one another through it, I think it would be nice if we could all appreciate songs in other languages.

The lyrics I included in this oneshot are from the second verse, in case you listened to the song.

Also, this mentions a little bit of being self-conscious and self-esteem so if it triggers you or bothers you... but Thorin's here to comfort you)

'Di lahat ng nasugatan,

Mali ang pinaglaban,

Ako man ay nahirapan,

Para sa'yo...

(Not all those who got hurt,

Fought for the wrong thing,

Even I got hurt,

For you...)

He watched from afar as you sat by the window seat, looking at the gray skies and the lake that reflected its gloomy color. Like the weather outside, your eyes were clouded and your lips were pursed. It didn't escape his notice how your shoulders drooped, as if you were tired of carrying something.

Thorin knew why you were like this. And he felt the same way, too. For the past few days, the both of you had been hearing comments from other dwarves. They were only a handful but their words were harsh and it hurt you. You were one of those who went with the Company to retrieve Erebor. You were a fighter, a warrior, and you hated the idea of being stuck inside the mountains doing nothing. Even with the protests of others, you fought with and gained the respect of most. Along the way, you also gained the love of Thorin Oakenshield.

It was already a given that you would be the Queen. Thorin would pick no other. He loved you with his whole heart and you loved him too. But there were others who were against the idea of you being queen. Your courage and defiance inspired the other dwarf women to be strong too. You inspired them to learn how to stand up for themselves. And even though you always reminded them to be careful (because the fact that there were only few of you left was never going to go away), the others thought that this will lead to more dwarf women wanting to fight and put themselves out there in battle and die. The others who are very stuck with the old ideas and ways also voiced out their opinions.

Those were already quite a burden. But it was a burden you knew you would have to carry if you wanted change. But what hurt the most were the comments from others that started to target how you looked. They commented on your choice of clothing and your posture and your face and your body. While you showed great skills in battle and seemed like someone who was very strong physically and emotionally, you were someone who was quite conscious of your appearance. Their words pierced you and made you feel small.

They lowered your self-esteem and made you think that you weren't worthy of the King Under the Mountain.

At gagawin lahat ng kaya,

Para lang mapatunayan ko,

Na ika'y ipaglalaban,

Pangako sa'yo...

(And I will do all that I can,

So that I can prove,

That I will fight for you,

This I promise you...)

Thorin glared at and cursed those who insulted you. Those who you were friends with, particularly the dwarves from the Company, protected you as well. You were grateful, but the damage had already been done.

As he sat in front of you on the window seat, you gave him a sad smile and fiddled with your fingers. Tears started to form in your eyes and Thorin reached out to hold your hands in his.

"Look at me, (Y/N)."

Albeit reluctant, you looked at him and saw that his eyes were also glassy from tears that he was holding back. There was so much love for you in them that they made you sob. He opened his arms and you happily obliged.

O hawakan aking mga kamay...

(Oh, take my hands and hold them...)

Tahan na, mahal ko,

'Di na magbabago

Ang pag-ibig sa'yo...

Tahan na, mahal ko,

'Di na maglalaho,

Ang pangako sa'yo...

(Stop crying, my love,

My love for you

Will never change...

Stop crying my love,

My love for you

Will never fade...)

"Shh... I'm here, I'm here..." he whispered, kissing the top of your head and your temple. "No matter what they say, no matter what happens, you know my love for you will always stay the same. Rather, I think it will grow and I will love you more and more each day."

"But do you really think I'm good enough for you?" you asked.

"You're more than enough, (Y/N). More than I wished for, more than I ever thought of."

Andito lang ako...

(I'm here...)

Tahan Na

—(Filipino; Philippines)

Meaning: Cease or stop crying

(Tahan na does mean that but to me, it kind of gives off the feeling of being gentle to someone while comforting them and telling them to stop crying. Like, if you were to make a baby stop crying, you would carry the baby in your arms and say, ' Tahan na, tahan na'.)