약속 (Yaksok) -Thranduil

(This is inspired by the song 약속 -promise- by Kim Soo-hyun that he sang in the K-Drama 'My Love From The Star'. Also I have learned the Korean writing system so I can read Korean but I don't understand what I read so 😂 Sorry if I haven't updated much. I haven't been feeling well 😭 also it's starting to get cold here jwofowfiwi it's getting harder to get up in the morning ahhhhhh

Anyway I hope everyone's doing well especially with what's happening to the world. Love you guys 💕)

The both of you lay in bed, on your sides facing each other. Placed between you were your intertwined hands. You gazed at each other through half-lidded eyes. He reached out his other hand to place on your cheek and he gently caressed it with his thumb. You sighed in bliss at the warmth his touch brought.

"What should we do tomorrow?" he asked.

"Whatever you want to do. We can go horseback riding or we can take a stroll through the forest. Whatever you want, Thranduil," you answered.

"We should visit Dale next month."

"We should."

"Or we could go and visit Lord Elrond next year like you always asked."

"We could."

별이 유난히도 밝은

오늘 이 시간이 가면

(The stars are especially bright today

When this day is over)

You smiled as he rolled his eyes at your answers. Squeezing his hand, you said, "I want to have a family with you."

"We will. We'll have a son and a daughter. I think Legolas will love the idea of having siblings."

"I also want to spend days with you and our children in the gardens."

"We will. We'll have the most beautiful flowers planted there."

그대 떠난다는 말이

나를 슬프게 하네 이 밤 다 가도록

(You said you were leaving

It made me sad all night long)

He smiled as you giggled at his enthusiasm about your future. He squeezed your hand gently, assuring you that his love was true and only yours.

But soon your smiles faded away and they were replaced with longing and sadness. He couldn't bear to see you like that, so he closed your eyes and pulled your intertwined hands closer to his lips. There he pressed a kiss.

He opened his eyes again and there were tears in them, ready to fall. Yours were the same, but you bit back a sob. You have to be strong. Before the tears could slide down his cheeks, you wiped them away with your free hand.

아 행복했던 시절

많은 우리들의 약속

자꾸 귓가를 스쳐

나를 슬프게 하네

(Ah, the happy days

Our many promises

They keep passing through my ears

Making me sad)

"I want you to stay," he pleaded.

"I want to stay too," you said.

"Then stay here with me."

"I can't."

You leaned closer to press your forehead against his. He closed his eyes again at your touch and took a ragged breath. He let go of your hand and wound his arms around you, pulling you close to him, afraid you would disappear then and there. You placed a hand on his chest, etching in your mind forever the feel of his beating heart.

"Promise me you'll keep me in your heart and I will forever keep you in mine," he whispered.

"I promise," you whispered back. "Promise me you'll think of me and I will forever remember you."

"I promise."

그대 잘못 아니에요

왠지 울고 싶어져요

나는 너무나도 파란 꿈을 꾸고 있었어요

(It's not your fault

But I want to cry for some reason

I'm dreaming a dream that is too blue)

You started to sing him a song to help him fall asleep. As you did so, you traced a finger over his features. You tried to remember everything about him, so that even when you close your eyes you would still see his face. You were afraid you'd forget the feel of his arms around you or how his lips touch yours. You were afraid that if you tried to think of him in the future, you'd be unable to recall.

As he slept, you kissed his forehead and let the tears fall.

You were fading. Your hands, your arms. Desperate, you cupped his cheeks in your hands and kissed his lips one last time before accepting your fate.

You have to go.

"I love you," you whispered.

And when Thranduil woke up the next morning, he found himself alone in his bed. There would be no tomorrows, no next months, no next years, nor any future with you.

Only yesterdays and what ifs.

Only bittersweet memories and what could have been.

나는 너무나도 파란 꿈을 꾸고 있었어요

(I'm dreaming a dream that is too blue.)

약속

—(한국말/Korean; South Korea)

Meaning: Promise