Run Away -Legolas

(Author's Note: have I used this idea on another one-shot? Possibly. I have forgotten already hnngghhh but that's okay. I just love this idea so much, I just love this and goodness I hope someone loves me like this in the future.

Warning: fluff, too much fluff for our poor hearts)

In your hands you held a cup of tea, but it has been long forgotten since he asked you a question. You were left staring at him with wide eyes, conveying your surprise at his suggestion.

"Legolas, you are supposed to be in the meeting with your father," you whispered.

The grin never left his lips. "He only keeps me there for formalities," he answered. "But Ada knows I never really listen except when they need my opinion concerning the safety of our borders and our people."

"Well, yes, even I know that," you said, sighing at his laid-back attitude. "I know it must be stressful to think about, but you have a crown on your head. It might not be as grand as your father's, but it is still a crown."

Legolas leaned forward from his seat across you, capturing one of your hands in his. His grin softens and his eyes shot you a pleading look.

"You also have a crown on your head, my love," he said. "You acquired it when you decided to marry me."

"It is indeed a heavy burden to wear a crown, but it is because of my love for you that I endure."

Legolas could not help but beam at you. Oh how lucky he was that the Valar let the both of you cross paths. He could not imagine a life without you by his side and he would rather not wonder anymore about that lest he actually lose you.

"I know, and I am forever grateful," he said. Legolas placed kisses on your knuckles and pressed the back of your warm hand against his cheek. "But because I am the reason why a crown is on your head, I should also be the one to help you find an escape from it every once in a while."

You frowned at him. "But I have things to attend to," you said. "Your father won't be too pleased about this."

"My father actually knows about this plan of mine and he has assigned someone to attend to your duties."

You were left gaping at the Prince. This sneaky husband of yours has convinced the King to let you take a day off! You were quite worried about having someone do the things you should be attending to but the idea of spending the day with your husband without any interruptions was tempting.

"(Y/N), my love?"

You blinked and looked back at Legolas' blue eyes.

He smiled and said, "Will you run away with me? Just for the day."

Legolas laughed when you nodded and gave in. Without a warning, he pulled you up on your feet and ran out your chambers. The people you passed by turned their heads to see who was running but when they saw it was the two of you, they couldn't help but shake their heads and smile in amusement and adoration. You both reminded all of them that it is not bad to be more open about your love, that Mirkwood needs to see and experience and appreciate the time you have with your loved ones. None of them really minded that you both were royalty and were running around like children—even the King really didn't mind, although he would roll his eyes most of the time. They didn't really mind because you both deserve to be this carefree every once in a while. You both were very outstanding when it comes to fulfilling your duties and everyone respected you. They knew how it must have stressed you both to be so young yet already carrying the heavy burden of a crown.

You felt yourself chuckle at the sight of your husband excitedly pulling you to the stables. When you reached his beloved horse, he didn't waste any time in helping you up. With you settled between his arms, Legolas urged the horse forward.

To your astonishment, Legolas brought you to your favorite spot by the river (where the water wasn't filled with enchantments). There you noticed that he had also planned ahead and brought food for the two of you.

"How I miss this place," you said, looking around before taking off your shoes. You then proceeded to cross the river by jumping on the rocks.

"Careful, my love! We don't want you going home all wet," Legolas said, chuckling at your antics. But a few moments later, Legolas found himself removing his boots and joining you.

When he tried to gather you in his arms, you squealed in joy and ran away from him. He was momentarily perplexed as to why you moved away but then he groaned and pouted like a child.

"Are we really doing this, (Y/N)?" he whined, following after you.

"I'm not going that far," you said, looking back at him. You reached the other side of the river and beckoned for him to follow. "Come on!"

Legolas followed after you and watched your hands touch every leaf and every tree trunk you could reach. By then your feet were covered in dirt and mud but you didn't care. The forest brought life to you once more and you felt free and happy.

When you found a spot where the sunshine was able to peek through the canopy, you stopped and looked up. Closing your eyes, you let the warmth comfort you.

Legolas stood a few steps away from you and he admired how your hair shone when hit by sunlight. He loved the shadows your eyelashes left on your cheeks and how your lips were parted and formed into a soft smile. He loved every inch of you, everything about you, and as he stood there, looking at you, he felt his chest hurt from all this love he kept in his heart.

"(Y/N)?"

You opened your eyes and looked back at him. "Yes, my love?"

Legolas gave you the most brilliant smile and it melted your heart.

"I love you," he said. "I love you so much."

Tears threatened to spill from your eyes as you returned his smile. Legolas closed the distance between you and gathered you in his arms. Before you could say anything, he placed his lips against yours and you were left lightheaded in bliss.

The moment you had the chance to breathe, you looked at him in the eye and said, "I love you too."