The Lady and The King pt. 1 -Elrond, Platonic!Thranduil

(Request by Anon: 👋 im the anon who decided i hate you. But i also hate myself 🙃 if possible could you write a fluff angst with Thranduil and Elrond? you like to write angsty shit for my man Thranduil but not Elrond. Maybe this time the reader was Elronds wife and he died maybe before tlotr took place and her and Thranduil both widows whose whole life and love basically taken from them but have children, would understand and find true happiness in one another but know that they will still love their 1st luv. But maybe at the end after they've lived a long life together and their kids are either dead (rip arwen) or sailed to the undying lands decide to join and they see their own families and first loves. Also i think if Elrond dies before lotr maybe reader has the same abilities and basically takes over what Elronds character did or maybe he dies in battle during the lotr movies? Idk but i know either way i will cry both angst and fluff. And i say this with love.

Author's Notes: Anon come here I'm going to love you and just give you cookies and a warm blanket. *kisses and hugs* also I did write angst for Elrond!! one of the first angst I wrote was for him. It's also a series huehue Anon I changed some of the things in your request. I made Thranduil and reader's relationship platonic since they are married to someone that they will see in the future in the Undying Lands. And it kind of didn't settle well with me to make them fall in love when they'll be reunited with Elrond and Thranduil's wife. I hope you don't mind 😭 I just mostly write things that follow Tolkien's world and elves marry once. I made two parts since it will be quite long to put it in one story.

Warnings: angst, death, loss

Pairings: Elrond X Reader; Platonic!Thranduil X Reader)

"I will be back soon, I promise," Elrond whispered as he pulled you close to him.

His lips pressed against your forehead, lingering there for some time. You close your eyes and sigh. When Elrond's lips left your skin, you fought back a sob. But before you could think of how the sorrow was gripping your heart, Elrond leaned down and captured your lips.

Your husband had seen and fought countless battles. He had travelled for days to drive away or eradicate the number of orcs that threatened your lands. That should have given you assurance for every time he leaves, he comes back to you safe and well.

But you couldn't bring yourself to be confident that he will return. You thought that if you did, and if your worries disappeared, life would laugh at you and decide to bring your husband scathed or worse, dead.

This time Elrond was off to Mirkwood. King Thranduil was beginning to accept more help from other lands. Although still quite reclusive and reluctant to accept other people, they knew that the shadows were getting harder to push back. And when Elrond offered help, they accepted. What worried you even more was that your twin sons were going with their father.

Elrond pulled away and you both tried to catch your breath. He caressed your cheek and rubbed his nose against yours.

"We will be safe," he assured you.

You could only nod and sigh again. The two of you stepped out of your embrace when you saw Elladan and Elrohir approach you. Immediately you rushed to them and gathered them in your arms. Before they could complain, you pulled on their cheeks and glared at them.

"You best behave or you will face me and I will be worse than any orc you've seen!" you said.

"Ai, Nana! You worry too much!" Elladan exclaimed, wincing at the pain.