Ici et Là-bas pt. 1 -Thorin Oakenshield

(Requested by someone on Tumblr: Can I request a Thorin fic (can be a multi-parter) about him and the Reader being childhood sweethearts and each other's besties? While he is a prince, R is the daughter of the King's Royal Guard Captain. She is not your typical dwarrowdam, however. She is smart, incredibly funny, adventurous, but at the same time pretty quiet, considerate of others, no-nonsense, and far more sensitive than she lets on. Instead of learning how to be a housewife (sewing and crafting jewellery), she prefers learning about politics, weaponry, and diplomacy. After Smaug's attack, her and Thorin are the ones who essentially lead their people the Blue Mountains (and in general as well after the Battle of Moria)

Author's Notes: Hi ! Thank you so much for you request and also for being so thoughtful (they asked me what things I was uncomfortable to write about and that was really sweet T_T) I tried to put them all in but I'm afraid I might not have been able to include all of the details I'm sorryyyyyy. I also only got to include Smaug's attack. Also I got so confused since I tried to search it on the internet. Apparently, Thorin, Thrain, and Thror moved to Dunland and when after they fought in the Battle of Moria, Thorin and Thrain then went to the Blue Mountains. I'm not sure if this is correct ahhh I've been writing this for like 2-3 hours now I need some ice cream and KitKats.

I also got some inspiration and details from  luna-xial's post about Dwarvish Courting. 

also I'm not familiar with Khuzdul sooooo please correct me if there's anything to be corrected

Warnings: none)

You scrunched your nose, disappointed at the thing you were seeing in the mirror. No, it wasn't your face—you knew you weren't the most beautiful dwarrodam out there but you have learned to love your flaws and that was what matters.

It wasn't your face.

It was what was on your face.

Framed by your hair that was parted in two and kept in braids, your face on the mirror stared back at you. To be more specific, it stared back at your jaw and chin.

"Mahal, if you can hear me, please grant me a longer beard," you sighed.

A chuckle came from behind you and you swiveled in your chair, rolling your eyes at the dwarf who had entered your room. You pouted at him as he maintained his amused smile. He was leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed across his chest. Although his expression was teasing, there was fondness in his eyes. Fondness that he only reserved for people that he loved.

And oh, how he loved you.

"Do not laugh at me," you huffed. "Just because you already have a fully grown beard doesn't mean you get tease mine."

"I was not laughing at you, darling," Thorin said. He walked towards you and stood by your chair. Thorin took note of the beads on the dressing table. "There is nothing wrong with your beard. It is as lovely as your (H/C) hair. Why do you look so frustrated?"

You sighed and took some of the beads. They were beautiful, made out of silver and carved with intricate designs. These beads were made just for you but unfortunately you could not wear all of them. Although you were already very happy with the gorgeous golden bead that held your courting braid, you still wanted to put more.

"I might have ran out of places where I can put these beads," you said.

"You do not have to wear all of them," he answered.