Perfect Day -Elrond

He sat on the floor, leaning against your legs as you sat on the bed. Your fingers gently ran through his hair, trying to decide on what braids to do to match his outfit. While you were having trouble thinking of what would suit him, Elrond was just enjoying the time he was spending with you in silence.

It was a clear day and the both of you decided to open the windows and the door to the balcony to let the breeze and the sunlight enter the room.

From where you both sat, he could see the beautiful shade of blue up in the sky and the occasional small tufts of clouds pass by. He could also see the trees from afar, the dark and light greens of the leaves dancing with the wind. Their colors were a pleasant sight to see.

But it wasn't only with his eyes that he could tell it was a lovely day.

As soon as he closed eyes, he could hear the faint rustling of the leaves and the chirping of the birds. The distant trickle of water from the fountains and rivers joined in and these sounds were music to his ears.

The room's windows weren't facing the sun directly so you only had a fair amount of sunlight coming in. But the warmth he felt as he reached a hand towards where the shadows did not reach and the contrasting cool breeze put Elrond at ease.

It was a lovely day, a lovely day to just sit and listen to what nature has to say, to what nature has to show.

But what made the day perfect for him was you.

When you told Elrond to tilt his head backwards so you could start braiding, he was presented with the sight of you smiling lovingly at him. And that smile never left even when you focused on the braids that you were doing. Elrond didn't speak—he contented himself with looking at your beautiful face. It was as if he was trying to remember everything about you, even though he already knew these things. The color of your eyes will always be his favorite color. He loved the way your eyebrows knit together when you focus too much. Your lips was something he always has trouble looking away from. If someone asked him to paint a picture of you without having you there as a reference, Elrond would probably be able to do it just fine.

When Elrond closed his eyes, he was greeted by your lovely voice as you hummed quietly while you continued your work. A few moments later, you started to form the words. He listened to your song, the song that you loved to sing on days like this one. It was a song that just added to how serene the atmosphere was.

When the clouds hide the sun, Elrond didn't worry for he still had you for warmth. Your hands would occasionally stray from his hair and caress his forehead and cheeks. Sometimes you would lean forward to give him a kiss and he could feel the smile on your lips whenever he tried to pull you closer.

Elrond knew that even if the weather outside was different, as long as he had you, any day would be the perfect day.

It wasn't long before you were done with the braids and your hands stopped running through his hair. Your song had also ended and the two of you were left to listen once more to the song of nature.

Elrond looked up at you and saw you looking outside the window with a peaceful look on your face. And once more he felt his heart swell with so much love that he could barely contain them. He continued to look at you as he rested his chin on his hand that he placed on your knee. And he still continued to stare even when you noticed and met his gaze.

At long last, you broke the silence with a whisper.

"I love you."

You watched as Elrond pushed himself up to kneel in front of you. With the most beautiful smile on his face, he put his arms around your waist and captured your lips. And as if his actions weren't enough to let you know his feelings, Elrond pulls away and whispers back,

"I love you more."