I'll Take Care Of You -Elrond

(Lemme be selfish for once cause this oneshot is for me cause I got a terrible stomach ache earlier this morning at 3am and I nearly fainted, HOORAY FOR HAVING ACIDITY

But this can also be applied to you if ever you feel stomach pains T_T let's get through this together with Elrond

The ways Elrond does to help with the pain are the ways my Mom did to help me. I had to wake her up because my arms and legs felt like noodles and my head started to spin. I can't imagine a life now without my Mom.)

You whimpered as you lie down on the bed, your arms on your stomach. The pain was too much and you felt nauseous at the same time. You had already tried going to the bathroom but the pain did not subside. Now you were left wishing to yourself that the pain would go away. What made the matters worse was that every time a wave of pain hit you, you would shiver uncontrollably. And shivering in return made the pain in your stomach intensify.

And there was no one to call for help.

Everyone had already gone home and went to rest for the night. Meanwhile, Elrond had gone to his study and will probably be back later past midnight. You had opted earlier not to go to Elrond—you didn't want to disturb him and worry him. But now you changed your mind. This was too much to handle.

So you tried to stand up and you were able to take a few steps towards the door when suddenly your eyesight started to dim. Your ears also felt like something was blocking them and your body started to lose balance.

Just as you thought you were going to completely faint, the door opened and in came Elrond. Before he could say anything, your knees buckled. He caught you immediately and held your body in his arms.

"(Y/N), my love, what has happened to you?" he asked, eyes wide and filled with worry.

"It hurts, Elrond," you barely managed to say as you lifted a weak hand to gesture at your stomach. "I'm not sure what caused this."

"What are you feeling right now?" Elrond said, carrying you back to the bed. "And when did the pain start?"

You told him your symptoms in a weak voice as he propped your back on the pillows placed against the headboard. When you told him you started to feel the pain right before he left to go to his study, Elrond frowned at you.

"You should have told me you were feeling unwell," he scolded. Elrond handed you a mug filled with warm water. "Drink this while I get more hot water. You need to stay hydrated."

A few minutes later, he came back carrying a bottle filled with hot water and wrapped in a cloth. You pressed the hot compress against your stomach and this helped ease the pain. Elrond also made you drink some medicine before sitting beside you and running a hand through your hair.

"Give me your hand," he said and you obliged. Elrond started to massage your hand, putting pressure on points mostly on your palm. The massage distracted you from the pain (because you will admit that the massage also caused you pain and discomfort when he pressed too hard). This left you feeling quite sleepy and tired.

"I am sorry for causing you trouble, my love," you whispered, closing your eyes.

"There is no need to be sorry. I am your husband. It is my responsibility to take care of you the way you take care of me." You felt him kiss your forehead. "I think you have also forgotten that I am quite skilled in healing. You must tell me earlier next time."

You chuckled and nodded, looking at him through half-lidded eyes. "I will. Thank you, Elrond. But can we hope that there will be no next time for this? I do not like this, not one bit."

Elrond laughed and put an arm around you, pulling you close to him and to his warmth. "We can never be sure of that. But you mustn't worry too much. I am here after all."