Tampo -Elrond

Arwen stifled a laugh as Elrond looked helplessly at his sons. The twins were more open about their amusement, and their father sighed in frustration.

He knew he was at fault, but he did not expect for you to act this way.

You had been trying to get Elrond to spend more time with you and your children. Often you would be very considerate because you knew he had a lot on his plate. But you were worried for him as well because it had been three days already since he last went to bed to sleep. Even though he was also skilled in healing, Elrond often forgets to take care of himself first.

What frustrated you was that he would always wave off your attempts by apologizing (and you knew he was sincere but you would appreciate it more if he didn't apologize and instead did as you told him to) and running off to where he claims he needs to be.

What tipped you over the edge was when fatigue finally took Elrond and he had to be taken to the healers. Elrond only finally went to bed and ate his meals when the healer told him to!

You knew acting like this was childish, and it comes off as you being angry (in truth you aren't) but you needed to get the point across.

You weren't saying that you were always right. But you listen to Elrond whenever he is concerned for you because you know he knows what is best at times. He should also listen to you when you are worried about his wellbeing.

So there you sat, eating your lunch in silence. You ignored his attempts in conversations and only talked to Arwen, Elladan, and Elrohir. When he mentioned your name, you would pretend that you heard nothing and instead would start talking with your twins.

Your children also understood where you were coming from and so they didn't even try to make you stop.

Elrond sighed. What on earth was he going to do to make you forgive him?

When you finished your breakfast, you excused yourself and made your way to the infirmary. You were one of the head healers. But even though you were someone people looked to for guidance, you insisted that they share the tasks with you. And so today you were tasked to look for more herbs, especially ones that are rare to get hold of.

"My lady, perhaps we should have some guards with you," one of the healers suggested. "It is quite dangerous to go alone in the forests."

You shook your head. "The guards are busy enough with their duties. You know that there had been more sightings of orcs. I promise not to venture into parts of the forests that our guards have not covered. Besides, I will bring my weapons with me just to be safe."

The others were about to say something when they suddenly looked towards the doorway and bowed. Without even looking, you already knew who it was.

"It is still not a good idea to go alone," Elrond said. "I shall go with you."

You turned and bowed your head. "That will not be necessary, my lord. You have far more important things to attend to," you said.

"And you are far more important to me than any of those things," whispered Elrond. "I will go with you."

Even though you were still quite annoyed, you could not help but feel relieved and happy that your husband was accompanying you. As the two of you made your way back to your chambers to change into more appropriate clothing for scrounging in the forests, Elrond could not mask his disappointment on not being able to freely put his arm around your waist. He had to admit that he missed your touch and your attention.

While he changed into his tunic for travelling, you started to put your hair into a bun. It was a hairstyle you saw from before when you had the chance to visit lands inhabited by Men. While it did look quite odd to the eyes of other elleth, you liked it for its convenience. It kept your hair away from your face in times that you need to focus on something.

You made two braids on either side of your head and wrapped it around the bun to hide the hair ties you used and to add detail to your simple look. You were doing all this in front of a mirror when you saw Elrond on the reflection.

He had always done his braid before you met and he still did so after you married. But Elrond was going to admit you were more skilled at it. You make delicate looking braids in a short amount of time and it became a habit for him to approach you for this. He also liked how gentle your hands run through his hair—it gave him comfort and peace.

But now, he hesitated in asking you to do it for him. And since Elrond thought it wouldn't be good to disturb you over something trivial, he decided to work on his own hair.

You sighed and approached him. When Elrond felt your hand tap his, he dropped his arms and let you do your work.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"You're welcome."

Elrond looked up to meet your eyes and said, "(Y/N), I want to apologize. I..."

You shook your head as you finished the braid. "We will talk later about this. For now, we must be going," you said. "You know how difficult it is to look for these herbs. We must go now so that we will be able to return before night fall."

You both then find yourselves hunched back in the forest, wading through the plants that grew to look for the herbs in your list. You carried wicker baskets to store the herbs you found. Luck was on your side as it didn't take long for you to find the rare herbs that can help in healing more serious injuries and illnesses. In no time, your basket was almost full.

"I think we should head back," you called out to Elrond. "This will be enough for now."

Securing the plants in your basket, you turned to look for your husband. But there was no need to look far because he was already standing in front of you.

His arm reached out towards you and in his hand was a beautiful golden flower.

Your heart melted when you saw how he had a blush on his cheeks and how he was trying to avoid your gaze. It reminded you of the days when he started courting you. Elrond, albeit confident in his knowledge and experiences, was very shy when it came to being romantic. But it never made you think less of him. In fact, his efforts in trying to show you how he felt even though he probably felt nervous all the time made you love him more.

"I truly am sorry, my love," Elrond said, looking down and feigning interest on the moss and weeds on the ground.

A smile made its way to your lips and you accepted the flower. The moment your hands touched, Elrond looked up. You chuckled at the relieved expression that appeared on his face. He beamed at you and immediately gathered you in his arms, burying his face on the crook of your neck.

"All these years of being married to me and yet you still do not listen," you murmured. The corner of your lips curved upwards. "I am only worried about you, darling."

"I know, I know," he said. "I have learned my lesson. But please do not do this to me again. A few hours of knowing that you will turn away my affection felt longer than a century."

Tampo

—(Filipino; Philippines)

Meaning: the state of being mildly annoyed or not being angry with someone but not being affectionate either