I Miss You -Boromir

(A songfic for Boromir! This song is by Soyou and is used for the soundtrack of the K-Drama 'Goblin'. I hope you like it!)

You took a sip of your coffee as you turned a page of the book your were reading: The Lord of the Rings. But as you continued, you decided to take a break. So you put a bookmark on the page you last read.

The friend that you were expecting to meet texted your earlier that they would not be able to come due to some sort of emergency. You were already at the cafe, so instead of going home, you made the most out of the day and relaxed at the shop.

Before you could get stuck in your thoughts, you noticed a man sitting on the table in front of yours. You couldn't clearly see his face but you could clearly see that the book on his table was also a work of Tolkien's. You smiled and looked outside of the glass wall.

슬픈 눈빛으로 왜 나를 보나요

울지 말아요

(Why are you looking at me with those sad eyes?

Don't cry)

While you watched people pass by, the skies turned gray and in a few minutes, it started to rain. Sighing, you opened your book to continue reading. But just as you were about to turn another page, you felt eyes staring at you.

You looked up and saw that the man, who was also reading Tolkien's work, was gazing at you with wide eyes. You were going to ignore him and try to slip out of the cafe when something clicked in your mind.

한 눈에 날 알아본건 아닌가요

이제서야 왜 내게 왔죠

(Did you recognize me right away?

Why did you come to me now?)

You met his gaze and now that you could see his face clearly, you were mesmerized by how handsome he was. Quite rough looking but there was wisdom and gentleness behind his eyes. You were mesmerized by his expression—it was as if he had seen a ghost.

But most of all you were mesmerized by how you mirrored his expression, by how familiar he was to you, and by how your throat already hurt and your eyes were already filled with tears.

I love you love you love you

인연인걸 느꼈죠 난

And I miss you miss you

나의 운명인 사람

(I love you love you love you

I felt that it was fate

And I miss you miss you

You are my destiny)

You watched him get up from his seat and move to the chair across yours. You were going to say him something, even though you knew you'd be stumbling over the words, when he said,

"If ever there is indeed another chance at life, know that I would choose to look for you and I would choose to be with you again."

몇 번을 태어난대도

그대가 어딜 숨어도

나는 그댈 찾겠죠

(Even if I'm born again

Wherever you are hiding

I will find you)

He said the words you were about to say and with that, you knew it was indeed him.

The one you had loved in another life.

다신 우리 헤어지지마요

내곁에서

(Let's never be apart now

From my side)

"I missed you," you whispered.

"I'm here now," he answered.

떠나가지 말아요

(Don't leave me)

* * *

He held on to your hands, all his strength used to grip yours tightly. He was having trouble breathing, having trouble to keep himself alive, but he fought just to be able to say goodbye.

"Know that I love you," he stammered, "and if ever there is indeed another chance at life, know that I would choose to look for you and I would choose to be with you again."

You sobbed as you pressed a kiss on his knuckles, nodding to his words. Beside you, Aragorn had bowed his head and you knew he was trying not to shed tears.

"So would I, Boromir,"you whispered. "So would I...