22 (ENGLISH)

The doorbell rang calling all the students.... Classes were about to start, so Singto got up and, with a smile on his face, offered a hand to the young man who was still sitting on the bench.

Krist blushed, but accepted the help without saying a word.

They both picked up their food bags and threw them into the nearest dumpster, then with quick steps, they headed toward the school gates. However, as soon as they crossed the threshold, a girl left her group of friends and approached them with a worried expression on her face.

- "Good Morning"

- "Hi Pai" - Krist replied while Singto just bowed his head in greeting.

The girl smiled tightly at both of them and, with a look that showed how nervous she was feeling, hung on Krist's arm.

- "Are you feeling ok?" Pai asked, staring at her best friend.

The latter, shocked about her actions, inclined his head slightly and stared at Pai without saying anything, just showing her a puzzled expression that made Singto smile despite himself.

- "I think she is talking about what happened in the cafeteria with Knott, right?"

After her nod, Krist paled, then immediately sighed sadly.

- "Well... luckily Singto was there, if not ..."

Pai looked at him for a couple of seconds, then turned to Singto with a much calmer look on her face.

- "You know, I knew you were together but ... I never thought you would be such a protective boyfriend. I loved Knott's face at the end, he looked so shocked..." - said the woman with a wink.

Krist, with wide eyes, stared at her for a few seconds.

- "But ... if you weren't there ..."

Pai sighed, and then pulled out a mobile phone and activated a video that she had downloaded that morning.

- "It's trending topic" - she commented as she passed the device to Krist who, at first, began to see it without understanding what was happening.

Moments later, however, he blanched as he observed his own face and the comments that were appearing throughout the video. Singto, on the contrary, sighed as he shrugged.

- "I though that something like this could happen... Jan said she was going to demand the web for the videos to be deleted, but usually new copies always appear after a couple of hours, it is not uncommon, you know..."

Krist moaned, burying his  face in his hands.

- It's my fault..."

- "It is not! Also, do not worry about what is being said about it... in a few days everything will be forgotten."

Krist looked at him but, in his gaze, Singto and Pai could perceive how little he believed in what he had just heard. He was obviously feeling very guilty and afraid.

- "Sing ... I'm sorry, I've gotten you into this mess when you have nothing to do with it. I ... I can't even look at your face ..."

RIIING RIIING

A phone rang, causing Singto to lower his gaze to the right pocket of his pants. A few seconds later, after making a slight gesture to his two companions, he took out his mobile and looked at the lit screen.

A sigh came from his lips.

- "Go to class .. I have something to do" - he said as he headed towards one of the empty corners of the entrance. However, after taking a couple of steps, he turned to Krist - "I'll wait for you at the parking lot after school, ok?".