29 (ENGLISH)

Krist, following the direction Singto was pointing at, looked at Fiat with a curious expression on his face.

Earring?

What earring he was talking about?

As far as he knew, Fiat did not use to wear any... in fact, once they had tried to make him a hole in one of his ears and the boy ended running out of the shop as soon as he saw the needle. However, seconds later, his gaze fell on a small zodiac symbol that Fiat was wearing on one of his ears.

"Ahhh..., that earring"

- "How ...How can you have it?" - asked, at that moment, his boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Fiat had moved his hand towards the ear Singto was pointing at while showing a puzzled expression on his beautiful face.

- "Well ... I don't know" - he finally muttered, with a frown, as he touched the earring.

Singto growl while Krist, after looking at his boyfriend, approached his friend. A second later he was looking at the small earring to,then, turned again towards Singto curiously.

- "What's going on? Why are you reacting like this? I don't understand it..."

Singto turned towards him. For a few minutes they were completely silent, just looking into each other's eyes in a silent conversation. It was not until Fiat cleared his throat that both men turned their eyes away from each other. 

Krist sighed while Singto looked back at Fiat for a moment. Then, without saying anything, he walked to the other side of the room and, opening one of the drawers, took out a photo album.

- "Do you want to know why I was surprised to see that earring?" - He asked as he returned and sat on the three-seater sofa that was in the room. 

With a gesture of his hand, he pointed to the two free spaces that were next to him and that ended being occupied by a man and a ghost who, with curious glances, peeked at the white covers of the thick album that Singto had on his legs.

Krist watched the man sigh, then his lover opened the album on its first page with a sad expression on his face.

---------------

Singto looked at the photograph that was on the front page, in which four people were smiling at the camera as they posed in one of Rome's most popular streets.

- "An old man was kind enough to take our picture during one of our trips. In fact, it was the last one we all did together, before Gun passed away."

Singto smiled sadly without noticing the shocked expression of Krist who, sitting on his left, could not take his eyes off the photograph.

- "Is..this boy... Is he Gun?" - Krist asked, unable to believe what he was seeing before his eyes - "Are you sure?"

Singto turned towards him with a big frown on his handsome face.

- "How can I not be?!" - He exclaimed while staring into Krist's eyes - "I knew Gun since childhood. His parents were the best friends of mine, in fact Gun spent more time in my house than in his .."

Krist swallowed as he continued to stare at the face of the young boy that was in the photograph.

- "And his parents?"

- "They died eight years ago" - Singto commented with a sigh - "it was then when Gun came to live at my house".

Krist finally nodded and then, a few seconds later, looked at the ghost who was still sitting on the other end of the sofa.

- "I suppose that earring, it is Gun's..." - he finished saying after sharing a look with Fiat.

Singto looked at them without understanding what was going on. For a few minutes he thought about stopping answering any question until they explained what was happening, however a few moments later he decided to wait and see where those questions were headed.

- "Well...yes. Off gave them to him for his birthday" - he answered as he passed several sheets until he found a photo in which Gun appeared not only  with the earring but also with a matching pendant around his neck - "he ordered them to be made especially for him. There are the only ones in the whole world " .

Krist blanched. A few seconds later he got up and went to his briefcase, picked up his wallet from inside and retraced his steps.

When he had sat down again he turned to Fiat and smiled wistfully.

- "That earring was put on you by my mother before you were cremated" - he finally said, making Singto and Fiat fixate their stupefied looks on his face.

- "Why...?"

- "It was a request from Win" - Krist began to say as he looked down at the ground - "He wanted to give you something ... He had always felt so guilty that...".

- "But it wasn't his fault" - Fiat muttered while frowning - "If it wasn't for that person ..."

Person?

Singto looked alternately at Krist and the ghost without understanding what they were talking about.

- "Can I know what all of this has to do with Gun and his earring ?!" - Singto finally exclaimed, unable to hold on any longer - "I don't understand anything ...".

Krist sighed and, opening his wallet, took out a photograph somewhat worn by the passage of time.

- "This is a photo of my brother Win and mine" - he said as he passed it to Singto - "it's from two years ago".

Singto, frowning, turned his gaze to the worn photo in his hand. There was a younger Krist who, with a smile on his face, was hugging a boy who was doing a pretty funny pose.

Singto's eyes widened in surprise.

- "I ... Is he Win?" he asked in a very low voice as tears began to slide down his cheeks.

- "Yes. My little brother ..." - Krist muttered while staring at Singto's face.

"It can't be", Singto thought over and over,"it can't be true".

However, he had the proof in front of him.

In his own hands.

Krist's brother, the young Win of whom his boyfriend had told him so much, had the same face as Gun.

They looked a lot alike .... in fact, they looked as if they were the same person.