38 (ENGLISH)

- "I don't think this is a good idea ..." - Knott said as he watched the expression of the young man who, with a smile on his face, was making the last arrangements to the camera.

The tripod, already prepared, was just a few meters away.

- "Of course it is! I am sure Krist is only with Singto because he cannot leave him now. Not when his company have even assured the media that they plan to get married in the near future" - commented Porsche while adjusting the last of the screws at the base of the small device - "but I know that the person he really loves is you ...".

Knott frowned.

- "But still ... when the video comes to light his reputation will be totally ruined"

Porsche smiled widely, then he calmly approached the tripod and finished installing the camera.

- "But you will be there for him... you will restore his honor accepting your responsibility before the whole country. Even your family won't be able to stop you then..."

Knott nodded with a slight smile.

"His wedding ... his wedding to Krist ... that would surely be the best day of his life".

Meanwhile Pai had managed to reach the table and, with as much force as she could use, knock the bottles that were on the shelf onto the rotting wood of the old building.

"Now comes the worst part...", she said to herself as she dropped to the ground and took, with her hands tied behind her back, one of the sharp pieces of glass.

A few seconds later she started to cut her ropes. Trying, above all, not to let out any sound. Not only so as not to alert the two people who were outside the room but also because of the man who was a few steps away. 

She did not want for him to notice the pain she was suffering from the cuts that the glass was making on her white skin as she didn't want for Krist to feel worse than he already did. Not when, unlike what he was obviously thinking, he was not to blame for anything that was happening.

-----------------------

Krist closed his eyes, trying unsuccessfully not to shed any more tears.

The muffled sounds coming from behind him was telling him what was going on and, once again, he cursed himself for not being strong enough to keep Knott and Porsche from catching them.

But what else could he have done?

Neither of them... nor him, much less Pai, had seen the two men until the moment when they appeared out of nowhere and, with handkerchiefs soaked in something strong, covered their mouths and noses causing them to lose consciousness in just a few seconds.

The last thing he had seen before darkness consumed him was Porsche lifting his friend off the ground as strong arms hugged him and carried him very carefully. As if he was someone very important for that person.

Krist grunted, showing the rage and helplessness he was feeling.

How wrong he had been when he thought Knott was a good person. Someone with whom he could spend the rest of his life.

"My brother was right ... I don't know how to choose men," he told himself as he tried to release his hands again.

Or at least that's how it had been until now ...

The boy thought of Singto... of his smile.... How he was treating him now that he was his lover. So different from the person who claimed to love him and was now in the next room.

A bloody hand fell on his shoulder, causing Krist to lift his head in surprise and fright.

Pai was on him, with a smile and a piece of glass in her hand.

- "Hold on ... I am going to release you"

A FEW MINUTES LATER...

Krist and Pai watched the windows as they thought about whether it would be a good idea to try to go away through them.

- "I think they are too high" - Krist said while frowning - "even if we can get to them, how are we going to get down on the other side?"

Pai nodded as she turned towards the closed door. Krist also looked at it.. Maybe they should try to get out through it... if they could take care of Porsche and Knott.

- "I still can't believe that Porsche is behind all this ..." - she commented while letting out a slight sigh - "I really don't understand it ...".

Krist said nothing. After all he was not sure but ... something was telling him that it was related to Singto.

Suddenly a slight noise made them both take a closer look at the door.

The knob was moving.

They were trying to get in.

-------------------------

Win and Off's taxi stopped at the corner of the street.

A young woman, with a pale face and a worried look, call them from one of the nearby entrances. The small porch on which she was standing, partially hidden by the shadow generated by a neighboring building, was undoubtedly the perfect place to observe the main entrance of the abandoned building that was a few meters away. A building which, in front of it, was parked a vehicle.

Off frowned as he looked at the metallic blue-rimmed white car that was in front of the front door.

"I don't get it ...", he thought, unable to take his eyes off the vehicle, "that car .... I'm sure ..."

- "Thank goodness you have arrived ..." - said Pim as she ran towards them and took them by the hands - "I didn't know what to do anymore ..."

Win released his grip and, with a worried look, turned towards the building.

- "Are you sure they are there?"

Pim nodded as she bit her lower lip from the stress and nerves she was feeling.

- "I have followed them here ... but I have not dared to enter"

- "That car ..." - Off muttered with a very low voice.

Pim sighed and looked at the car that was parked a few meters away.

- "It is the car of Knott's new lover... the one who is helping him in all this madness"

Off closed his eyes tightly.

He knew it...

He had known it the moment he saw the license plate and, above all, the little doll that was hanging from the interior mirror.

How could he not known if it was  himself the one who had won it at a fair and had given it to his boyfriend. 

To Porsche.