30 (ENGLISH)

A little note:

Details about an extreme sport will appear in this and the following chapters. I would like to say that, since I don't know much about the sport and so that its fits into the plot, I have invented some of the rules.

To all those who habitually practice it or know more about this sport, I hope you will excuse me   :(

------------------

Krist was watching intently the man that was sitting next to him and who was keeping his eyes on the photo that was now over the album's cover. 

Singto's hands were trembling while small tears began to fall from his eyes towards the picture. However, before he could even say anything to his boyfriend, the man had already cleaned up the photograph as best as he could and then did the same with his face.

- "Singtuan, Are you ok?" - Krist asked while, with his heart beating like crazy, he placed a hand over the one Singto had on his pants.

His lover looked at him and then smiled with a grateful expression on his face.

- "I am ok, Krist but... How..?"

Noticing the need to know in Sing's eyes, Krist sighed and then looked at Fiat, who had been completely silent.

- "It all started three years ago ..."

THREE YEARS BEFORE...

Krist smiled as he watched Fiat pick up his equipment carefully.

The young boy was certainly happy to be able to accompany them to the rapids, especially when, initially, he was not going to be able to do it because of his older brother's wedding.

- "Thank goodness Mick helped me escape from the party or I could not have arrived in time" - muttered Fiat as he finished closing the zipper of his heavy bag.

Krist laughed. He could clearly see in his mind the serious and proper brother of Fiat, helping his crazy little brother to jump over the garden fence, in a tuxedo and still with the flower on his lapel.

- "Really, if I didn't get to see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it ..."

- "My brother is not that bad ... seriously ..." - Fiat commented while shrugging his shoulders - "although I don't think the bride was very happy that he fell on the wedding cake ..."

Both friends laughed, thinking of the great wedding night Mick was going to have after his little bath in chocolate and strawberry.

Still laughing, Fiat took his bag and threw it over his shoulder, then he turned towards Krist who, with the captain's shirt already on, was waiting for him.

- "Come on. We better get going or we'll be late ..." - Fiat said as he started to walk towards the dressing room door.

A hand on his shoulder, however, made him stop after a few steps.

- "But..Aren't you going to take off your suit before boarding the canoe?"

Fiat shook his head as he shot him a mischievous look.

- "I have made a bet with my brother. If I take a picture of myself with the suit at the stop that is halfway through the route and send it to him, he will let me use his convertible while he is on his honeymoon."

Krist shook his head from side to side.

- "You're crazy, really ..." - he whispered while, with a sigh, he turned towards the door and opened it to let his friend pass.

Two hours later the bus with the name of the school on its side stopped in the parking lot....

The young members of the club began to descend. Everyone was already wearing the obligatory clothes for the contest. All but one of the sophomores who, unlike the others, wore a black tuxedo and a slim-fit, seemingly very expensive, white shirt.

Many eyes, obviously shocked, looked at the man who, as if nothing, was now helping the teachers with the team's equipment.

- "Are you sure you want to do this?" - Alex asked as he looked at his sempai with a look of deep adoration.

- "Of course" - Fiat replied as he finished putting his glasses on his hair - "I plan to win that bet ... besides, it's not like I'm going to participate in the competition with all of you ..."

Alex sighed, after which he scowled at their captain. Krist, with a sigh, stopped beside him.

- "I don't understand how you aren't doing anything to stop him"

- "Because I can't, I have already reminded him how risky it is but you know how stubborn he can be .. I have not been able to make him change his mind, in the same way that he has not listened to any of you .. .he is determined to do it "- Krist answered with a sigh.

It was not the first time, since Fiat had told them about the bet, that he heard criticism and reproach. He could even still notice the stares of his mates on his back

But.. well... he was not surprised at all as, like others, he did not like what Fiat had decided to do. Especially when the suit was not designed to facilitate swimming in case the youngster fell into the water.

It was dangerous..

A sovereign stupidity ...

"But what can I do ...", he said to himself as he shot an exasperated look at the young man in question who, with a smile, was already waiting in line for his turn to get on the canoe, "After all, if the the event's managers themselves allow him to go with that type of clothing, there is nothing I could do, even as the team captain ... "

Krist sighed again, and turning his gaze to the queue he and the competition team were in, he waited for their number to be given to him. 

The number with which they were going to participate in the race.

NOWADAYS...

Krist stopped talking and looked up at the faces of the two men who had been listening to him all the time without interrupting even once.

- "That was the last time I saw Fiat alive" - ​​he finally said, with a very low voice.

Singto, with a very serious expression on his face, put an arm around Krist's shoulders and, when the boy dropped his head on his shoulder, placed a brief kiss on his forehead.

-"It's not your fault"

-"OF COURSE IT IS!" - Krist exclaimed as a tear escaped from his red eyes and began to slide down his cheek - "If only I had stopped him ... none of this would have happened!"

Singto opened his mouth with the intention of rebutting Krist, who was about to burst into tears. However, before he could even think of what to say, Fiat positioned himself right in front of Krist and, with a cold expression on his face, squatted down  in front of his friend.

- "It is not your fault ... as I said before, what happened was HIS fault, no one else."

Krist turned his head and fixed his gaze on the young ghost that was in front of him. The most utter incomprehension were shining in his eyes.

- "I don't understand, in the canoe were only both of you and the police told us that you drowned because you couldn't swim with the suit you were wearing ... it's my fault, it's all my fault!"

Fiat shook his head.

- "Win does not remember because of the accident" - he muttered, finally - "but when the canoe was turned over, we were three people in it. Not two ..."