chapter 2

At night, Hukumyaar talked to his father also. It was decided that the Nikkah will be done in front of everyone. Next morning, Hassan Laghari and Hukumyaar went to the place where Nikkah was going to take place. Many other elders of the village were present there. Jukumyaar was in his Balochi dressing, which was a white shalwar kameez with a turban. Most of the men were dressed like that.

The girl was sitting in the other room. After Nikkah was done, she was seated in the car. Hukumyaar nearly got a heart stroke seeing a really young girl sitting in the back of their car. She was barely looking 14 years old. Her face was covered with a veil, he couldn't see her face.

The journey was covered in silence, he couldn't get out of the shock of what had happened with him. After reaching home, he got out and went to his mom directly.

Hassan Laghari waited near the car as a servant helped Mahrosh out. "Take her to Hukumyaar's room." He said.

On the other side, Hukumyaar was questioning his mom, "How can you do this to me, Ammi!? She is barely 14 " He questioned. There were a lot of traditions he hated and young marriages was one of them. He couldn't bare the thought that he was married to a minor.

"She is 15. According to islam, this Nikkah can happen. I don't care about anything else" Shehnaaz Begham said.

"Why didn't you tell me about her age before?" Humkumyaar asked with pursed lips.

"I knew, you won't agree at all after knowing her age" Shehnaaz Begham replied calmly.

"I am going, handle your daughter in law yourself." He said grumpily and went out of the home. He planned to go back as soon as he could. Shehnaaz smiled, shaking her head. She knew that he said what he wanted, now he won't talk to them for a good time. It was his way of showing anger.

She asked the maid about where Mahrosh was and went to see her. Mahrosh was sitting on the bedside when she entered. Her shoulders were shaking as if she was crying.

Shehnaaz Begham lifted her veil and got to know that she was in fact crying.

Mahrosh looked up with her tears filled eyes, she was feeling scared. She didn't know the reason of this sudden marriage. She didn't know how was her husband like.

" Assalamu Alaikum! I am Hukumyaar's Ammi. " Shehnaaz Begham said sitting beside her.

mahrosh shifted a bit away.

"Don't be scared......." Shehnaaz Begham explained the reason behind the marriage. "Hukumyaar will take care of you, consider me as your Ammi from now on " She said hugging Mahrosh.

Mahrosh also relaxed a bit after hearing everything. She was with her mother's family. Her father's family wasn't nice, they had hit her multiple times in the last week.

Mahrosh hoped that she would be safe again as she used to be with her parents in Quetta. But she didn't know, every hope wasn't meant to be fulfilled.........

________________________________________

Mere khwaab raahon me rondy gae hen

Meri aankho me tezaab daala gya he

Uski khushboo ko hm se churaya gya he

Meri fiza me bhi zehr milaya gya he....

____________
Salaam readers! Here's the update.