chapter 20

hartaj got ready in the morning and went his father. didnt matter what his thoughts, he wasnt going to lower his head in front of anyone. 

they settled down once they reached panchayat. his father was talking to the heads , qazi was also present. the baloch family arrived soon . 

hartaj caught the glimpse of her in his peripheral gaze but he didnt bother taking a proper look.

the nikkah was done right away .gulpari's hand had shook a bit when she signed her independence away , but she controlled herself, knowing that it wasnt the time for that. 

 they stood up, there were no congratulations afterwards like a normal nikkah would have. 

"this nikkah gurantees that we wont ask for any retribution and there wont be any trouble caused from our side, but dont expect anything else. there wont be any kind of meeting terms between our families." hartaj said in a hard voice and headed towards the car.

jabraan family expected it, hassan laghari led gulpari towards the car. she found it very difficult to take every step. she was leaving her family behind, knowing that meeting them again wasnt possible. 

she settled in the backseat. as the car moved, it finally dawned her. she was going to the enemy's house, she had left her family behind..... 

tears started falling, the pain so intense in her heart, she felt like she would be able to take the next breathe. a few hitched breathes rang in the car, but no one reacted on it. tears were expected from her. 

as soon as they arrived home , hartaj got out of the car, his feet were moving towards the car. he planned to go out . 

hassan laghari also got out and called him. his feet stopped, but he didnt turn back . 

" return by evening ... " hassan laghari said and hartaj continued in the direction . hassan laghari called the servant to take gulpari inside the house. he was relaxed as he had got what he wanted, he knew that hartaj would follow his orders ,didnt matter how much he hated them .

shehnaaz welcomed her 2nd daughter in law with open arms. she didnt care about what rivalry was between the families. now the girl sitting infront of her was his son's wife, she planned to treat her like a daughter deserved. gul beghum wasn't welcoming as was to be expected. but she wasnt also bitter , like she was to mahrosh .

gul pari was taken to hartaj's room . shehnaaz left her alone for sometime, she could see that gulpari needed sometime to herself. 

gulpari looked around the room , this was going to be her life now, she needed to make the best of it. she saw the picture of a guy on the wall. she realized that it's the guy she was married to . his eyes were a striking blue, they looked sharp as well as full of mischief at the same time. she didnt know what to expect from people here yet.

she took a deep breathe and headed towards the washroom to do wadu' ,it was time for zuhr's prayer.

_______________

Wo apny jazbaat maarti gai.....

Phir ik din hua ye k bcha kuch bhi nhi...

__________
Salaam readers! Another update❤️