chapter 67

nikkah was done, and after that zaariya was sit beside a very proud looking hadi. there was no bound to his happiness. zaariya's was looking like a doll in her blue and rust orange dress. veil was covering her face, hadi couldnt see her face. 

Rasm e henna got started, elder ladies started doing the ritual, they werent lifting zaariya's veil to see the bride's face , as hadi was to get the honors first. when everyone was done, it was hadi's turn to do the ritual. hadi was excited about lifting her veil. it had been months since he had last seen her. zaariya was turned towards him, when he was to lift the veil, so that only he could see her face. 

hadi lifted it with a lot soft emotions in his heart, but he felt his heart freezing when he saw the pain on her face. the happiness left hadi's face also in seconds, he let go of the veil, making it fall in its place. he put on a fake smile for the people, but he wasnt feeling the happiness he did before anymore. 

he wanted to stay happy , he had won afterall, he had got what he wanted, but he couldnt feel any happiness after seeing the grief on her face.

finally , they returned back home, the wedding was tomorrow, it was very difficult for hadi to sleep that night. her pain filled eyes werent letting him sleep. he regretted not trying hard enough to talk to her. 

zaariya also spent the night awake, she was feeling numb, the continuous pain had left her numb, her eyes werent ready to shed anymore tears. 

next day, came but it was nothing but a blur for zaariya, everything happened but she couldnt even remember it clearly. she was left sitting on hadi's bed, she felt suffocated, the numbness she had been feeling for days now, the numbness which didnt even disappear at the time of ruksti, vanished now. 

she lifted her veil and looked around barely able to breathe , she felt like she would end up dying any moment. she was where she never wanted to be .she got up and headed towards the door barefoot, but then stopped herself from opening the door. didnt matter how broken she felt, she couldnt make a show of her parent's name. more tears of helplessness fell from her eyes. 

she came back and sat on the edge of the bed not knowing what to do. her breathe were hitching after every few seconds , as she tried to control herself from making any weeping sounds. 

hadi entered the room after sometime, he saw her sitting on the edge of the bed. the veil wasnt on her head anymore, but he couldnt see her face as she had it lowered , she was looking at her hands placed in her lap.

" zaariya " he called standing in front of her, she didnt bother lifting her face, hadi could feel that she was crying from her slightly moving shoulders. 

" i was told that you werent happy with this wedding, and i understand your reasoning, but i love you. i have loved you since i cant even remember. " he stopped waiting for her reaction, but when she only fisted her hands but didnt say anything, he continued " i will do everything i can to keep you happy. give me a chance" 

zaariya had enough, she stood up and took at him with her tear stained face. " i hate you ! i hate you more than anything in this world " zaariya said hitting his chest. she rambled, telling him how much she hated him while hitting his chest. hadi let her take her anger out on him . 

once she was tired of hitting him ,when she had poured out all of her anger, she placed her head on her hands which were placed on his chest. hadi slowly wrapped his arms around her, her words had hurt him, but he couldnt do anything about it right now. he just hoped that it was all anger talking, and she really didnt hate him. 

" ammi ..... she didnt care about my denial. she... cared about your wishes more than me.. even dad.... he didnt care about my happiness. i... i dont mean anything to anyone ..." zaariya said in a low voice as tears kept falling, it was difficult for her to utter those words, to say what was hurting her the most.

---------------------------

Mere ab aansu nhi girty

Mene usy apny dil ki gehraion me kahin dba rkha he.....

____________
Salaam readers! Another update❤️